There are two philosophies about leaders – some say they are born; others say they are made. Our hunch is that it's likely a formidable mashup of both. Whether you're a leader who was made, born or some combo if the two, we're on a quest to find a superstar who can tackle the role of Lead Software Engineer at Cox Automotive. This technology sherpa will drive a scrum team's direction, coaching and guiding them along the way to reach new innovative heights.
At Cox Automotive, our engineers and technologists are literally changing the way people buy, sell and use cars. With operations across five continents and brands like Autotrader and Kelly Blue Book in our family, we have the reach to make this transformation happen in new and exciting ways. From browsing to test driving, purchasing to servicing, we're taking charge to create the future of automotive. We've got some of the most robust data in the industry, so our big data insights can lead to some pretty amazing software creations.
And now, we're building a future that is autonomous, connected, electric and shared. And you, my friend, could make this a reality. All while working in an environment that puts collaboration and culture at the forefront of everything we do.
What You'll Do
- You'll rely on strong leadership skills to make decisions, support your vision, influence your team and earn their trust.
- You'll work cross functionally with other engineers and analysts to make sure everything we deliver is of the highest caliber. Your efforts will pave the way for consumers, dealers and lenders to seamlessly transact by providing secure, reliable and easy ways to manage the entire life cycle of a digital contract.
- You will drive the engineering solutions for the projects you're spearheading, guiding the technical direction of your scrum team. You will also work to influence the technical direction across teams collaborating on high-impact projects.
- You'll work with our engineers, guiding and coaching them so they grow, learning about their challenges and helping them emerge as even stronger coders and tech leaders.
- You'll expect quality in everything you and your team do, while embracing a spirit of agility and creativity. You'll always be looking for ways we can improve, and you'll ask all the right questions to find better ways to get things done.
- You'll rely on your exceptional technology, process, and people skills to resolve issues, create transformative products and drive positive change. You understand security always needs to be top-of-mind, and you'll make sure your scrum team walks the walk with standards and guidelines.
- You've got a bachelor's degree, most likely in Computer Science or Engineering, and at least 7 years of experience (or, in lieu of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience), including:
- 7 years of experience developing software in either Java or C
- 5 years of experience using Angular or React web technologies
- 4 years of experience working with relational DBMS data structures including writing SQL statements
- 2 years of experience working with AWS
- 2 years of experience years of experience identifying system bottlenecks and architectural risks
- You're a polyglot, someone who is comfortable with a variety of programming languages.
- You've got some history with implementing CI/CD pipelines, docker containers, and blue/green deployments, as well as creating and deploying scalable API's leveraging API gateways.
- You're comfortable breaking a monolithic application down into smaller services
- You'll often hear differing opinions, and you'll show that you can change your opinion when new information comes along that changes the dynamic. Your courage and natural humility will be on full display when you make a mistake by owning it and then learning from it.
- You comfortable in areas like network, storage, infrastructure or security. In fact, you may even be a "full stack engineer," not limited to programming languages.
To be employed in this role, you'll need to clear a pre-employment background check and drug test. Cox Automotive does not currently consider a pre-employment drug test for marijuana for this position. However, we are a drug-free workplace, so the possession, use or being under the influence of drugs illegal under federal or state law during work hours, on company property and/or in company vehicles is prohibited.
About Cox Automotive
At Cox Automotive, people of every background are driven by their passion for mobility, innovation and community. We transform the way the world buys, sells, owns and uses cars, accelerating the industry with global powerhouse brands like Autotrader, Kelley Blue Book, Manheim and more. What's more, we do it all with an emphasis on employee growth and happiness. Drive your future forward and join Cox Automotive today!
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses – which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications – is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.