Lead Software Engineer
Develops, builds, configures, customizes, integrates, unit tests and documents the components of a solution ensuring solutions meet business and technical requirements. Coordinates with Infrastructure engineers and Technical Operations to ensure COTS environments are designed to operate in highly available and reliable environments.
Primary Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
– Develops, builds, configures, customizes, integrates and unit tests solutions and creates detailed development designs
– Ensures that solutions meet requirements outlined in the design documentation
– Performs all work to agreed time, cost and quality constraints
– Ensures that developed solutions are peer reviewed and formally documented
– Unit tests solutions to ensure they meet quality standards
– Creates and provides support handover for implemented solutions within agreed timeframes, using existing standards
– Investigates opportunities to use new and emerging technologies
– Supports the QA Analyst and Development analyst in both the lab and production for any anomaly with the tool’s performance.
– Produces detailed designs for specific application components
– Ability to build innovative solutions
– Write clear and detailed Technical Specifications and Documentation
– Strong knowledge of end-to-end development process
– Proven technical aptitude in one or more technology domains
– Deep technical expertise in development languages, toolsets and methodologies
– 8 or more years of experience required in related field (Information Technology, Computer Engineering)
– 5 or more years of experience required if candidate possesses a related advanced degree
– Requires demonstrated experience with network protocols/principles such as SNMP, TR069, CLI, SSH, TCP, UDP etc.
– Requires strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools.
– Excellent leadership, presentation, time management and collaborative skills to work effectively with teams throughout organization
– Candidates must have functional and technical expertise, adaptability and flexibility and work well in teams
– BS/BA in related discipline strongly desired (Information Technology, Computer Engineering).
– Experience in telecommunications industry desired
– Experience building applications deployed in public/private cloud
– Experience building microservice based solutions
– Strong problem solving, decision making, planning/organizing and communication skills required
– Ability to manage pressure while maintaining focus
Cox Communications, Inc.
US-GA-Atlanta-6305 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.