Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: The Lead Software Engineer role is to ensure delivery of technical and functional project objectives. This is done by overseeing the technical strategy, enforcing coding standards, and conducting peer reviews of deliverables to ensure security, performance, reliability, reusability, and scalability of our products. This role is responsible for collaborating with engineers, testers, Architecture, Product, PMO, third-party vendor partners and support teams.
- Lead engineers to estimate, design, develop project deliverables including technical design clarification and peer code reviews.
- Create code to contribute toward delivery of project deliverables.
- Collaborate with Scrum Master, RTE, Product, and Architecture teams on delivery and release management processes.
- Mentor technical staff to lend expertise toward driving solutions.
- Plan and execute short-term tactical plans and long-term strategic goals and for managing and maintaining web technologies.
- Triage defects found during software development and quality assurance cycles to ensure a timely resolution.
- Support Release Management and Change Control processes to support the integration and deployment of application features.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Computer Information Technology, Computer Programming and Analysis, Industrial Technology, Electronics Engineering Technology, or related field.
- 7+ years equivalent work experience. Experience preferred in front-end or full-stack application development. Conflict resolution and problem-solving techniques required. Good presentation, facilitation, communication, and negotiation skills preferred.
- 4+ years working with modern MV* libraries such as Angular, React, Vue.js, etc.
- Strong understanding of E2E Internet application architecture including browser concepts, HTTP, REST, and Security best practices.
- Experience with CICD, Unit Testing, Linting, and Code Coverage.
- Experience with Object orientated and procedural programming.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (including the ability to clearly articulate technical concepts to a non-technical audience)
- Business Analysis — proven success collaborating directly with internal customers (i.e., product owners) to understand their needs and translate them into a working solution
- Adaptability — a fast learner with a willingness to build solutions using tools to which you may have had little previous exposure
- Empathy—the innate ability to understand the challenges faced by our customers, and the drive to resolve them
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability of strong customer relationship skills, problem resolution and improved efficiencies and productivity.
- Experience with large-scale enterprise system development and integration.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Scaled Agile Framework a plus
- Experience with accessibility / ADA Compliance; AA, W3, etc.
- Experience with Agile, Scrum, and Scaled Agile Framework a plus.
- Passionate about producing simple, consistent, maintainable, well-tested module code.
- Experience with mature SDLC, GIT, and NPM publishing techniques to facilitate rapid deployments.
- Experience with back-end technologies, Java and .NET.
- Experienced with functional and automated testing and focused on quality engineering.
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is based in Orlando, Florida and may require travel to other NBCUniversal parks and properties on occasion.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.