Minimum Clearance Required to Start:
Are you a Systems Engineer with ballistic missile defense experience seeking a leadership role? Parsons is hiring a Lead Software Systems Engineer to perform a variety of engineering tasks related to the development, operation, and maintenance of Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) missile defense system. You will lead a team in analyzing integration of system processes and methodologies to ensure effectiveness of total system performance of the THAAD weapon system for Missile Defense Agency (MDA) US Government (USG) and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) customers.
– Lead Systems Engineer for THAAD Training Aids, Simulators & Simulations (TADSS) SW development & integration.
– Coordinate management of SW testing & integration labs for FMS and USG THAAD development & sustainment programs.
– Support FMS Acquisition, Contracting, and Technical Evaluation of THAAD Prime contractor proposals.
– Provide integration support to existing & future ballistic missile defense (BMD) architectures and systems
– Contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
– Work with the peer or client Lead Systems Engineers to coordinate, plan, and schedule all stakeholder engineering support activities
– Work with Prime development contractors and subcontractors to provide system engineering support to the THAAD project office
– Work with Prime contractor to ensure cost and schedule supports USG and FMS THAAD requirements
– Provide management with internal status, update and issues as necessary
– 10+ years related systems engineering experience in defense industry supporting systems engineering tasks
– BS degree Engineering or Computer Science required, Masters preferred from accredited institution
-Working knowledge of the THAAD (or similar) missile defense system
– THAAD SW experience highly desired
– Systems engineering experience required
– Software engineering experience required
– Software/hardware obsolescence management experience highly desired
– SW/HW testbed and/or integration lab experience highly desired
– Foreign Disclosure, Cyber, and Authority to Operate experience desired
– Ability to work and produce products in a rapid paced, high stress environment
– Must be able to work independently as well as have strong interpersonal and team communication skills for liaising with leadership, peer lead systems engineer, and other senior team members
– Proficiency with MS Office applications
– Active Secret clearance required
Must be able to obtain, maintain and/or currently possess a security clearance.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.