Covance is now part of LabCorp. LabCorp, an S&P 500 company, is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, LabCorp delivers world-class diagnostic solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to improve the delivery of care. LabCorp reported net revenues of over $10 billion in 2017.
We are currently recruiting for a Lead Solutions Developer who will be remotely based in Eastern Europe.
These are the specific areas of accountability requiring decisions or delivery of results. Most positions have between six to ten key job duties. In this section, list and describe the position’s principal responsibilities in concise, but comprehensive statements. Include those accountabilities that are critical to the successful performance of the job. Indicate % of time in a single work week spent on top 5 – 10 duties (no less than 5% increments).
- Ability to support and lead the generation of Client specific unit based models / fixed models.
- Successful champion of client relationship(s) or process owner for performing at high complexity and/or volume levels
- Ability to support Rate Card or Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Buildup (hourly rates/unit pricing/etc.)
- Previous or current experience in a Leadership program and/or initiative
- Ability to hold executive level discussions and drive those discussions and take an active role.
- Ability to shape discussions with internal/external clients based on experience
- Key Contributor/Lead for team meetings
- Must meet all deadlines and escalate as appropriate when a timeline may lapse.
- Create and manage against metric based indicators to ensure the group is driving profitable business growth.
- Analyze internal and external data in order to maximize/drive new business creation while also managing to margin targets.
- Serve as departmental lead for certain applications, while expanding knowledge of the system and associated tools, including functionality, troubleshooting and administrative support
- Setup and maintenance of role-based access via profiles and permissions
- Monitor feedback within the system and respond to end-user queries
- Coordinate training programs for developed solutions, including working with the Enablement Managers to identify new features / functionality training needs and providing administrative support for Automation training needs
- Assist with the development and documentation of business and functional requirements and all implementations related to stand alone functionality and system integration needs, including testing of new enhancements and documentation
- Design and manage workflows, new screens, fields and reports in accordance with the automation strategy
- Develop “super users” who can facilitate basic troubleshooting and end user support tasks for developed solutions where applicable
- Serve as a designer for certain departmental applications, while expanding knowledge of the system and associated tools, including functionality, troubleshooting and administrative support
- Serve as first-line contact for end-users and Management Team
- Interpret needs of the Global Proposals teams to create solutions from concept to implementation
- Development and documentation of business and functional requirements and all implementations related to stand alone functionality and system integration needs, including testing of new enhancements and documentation
- Demonstrated understanding of the underlying technical requirements for all developed solutions, including Object Oriented Programming, SQL and MS Office applications (Excel, Access)
- Establish and maintain relationships with all functional areas of Enterprise Client Solutions to understand all processes and recognize opportunities to design automated solutions
- Facilitate, implement and support developed solutions for Covance leveraging processes/tools that enable version control and tracked changes
- Liaise with IT technical resources related to any developed solutions as required
- Liaise with training team to develop training materials for developed solutions. Lead training course for developed solutions when applicable.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office products especially Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Familiarity with other IT systems/business application capabilities in order to make recommendations about potential upstream/downstream integration or functionality intersection points
- Knowledge of Reporting and Business Intelligence tools – TIBCO knowledge a plus
- Experience working with a B2B sales organization
- Ability to understand internal customer needs and develop appropriate solutions with regard to proposals and budgets development
- Ability to learn new software languages independently as needed
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex information in an audience appropriate manner
- Sets high standards of performance; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments
- Sound judgment with effective decision making skills and the ability to solve problems independently
- Ability to think and perform tasks independently
- Ability to work within a virtual and a matrix environment
- Effective planning, organizing and time management skills
- Experience in development of formal and informal training content, a plus
- 6 years’ minimum experience analyzing data
- Comfortable managing and analyzing large data sets through statistical techniques
- Novice programming skills at a minimum
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Bachelor’s degree required MA degree preferred in mathematics, statistics, economics, computer science, or related field
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Expert level experience with database design/development
- Expert level experience with Visual Basic
- Network experience/certifications (MCSE, CompTIA A+/Network+) a plus
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.