Are you someone concerned with the security of our nation? Are you driven to protect and serve? Are you skilled in cyber defense? Then Leidos is the place for you. We are ensuring our nation's security in a partnership with the Department of Homeland Security. Our partnership focuses on the DHS Security Operations Center (SOC) Support Services Program where we provide around the clock cyber support focusing on some our nation's toughest threats.
Leidos has an immediate need for a Security Engineer to support this DHS SOC Support Services Program.
The Security Engineer will join a multidisciplinary team and needs to be a self-starter with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, flexibility, good judgement and the ability to coordinate multiple, concurrent tasks in an effective manner. Will work with internal team members to ensure that critical systems are secure and functional. The systems and networks developed will be used to collect and process data and improve the DHS SOC security infrastructure. The Security Engineer will work under the direction of senior staff. They will work tasks to maintain existing infrastructure and applications, install new hardware/software, assist with ATO compliance, help ensure the integrity and security of enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks, etc. The multidisciplinary nature of the team provides opportunities to work on a variety of applications and hardware that the team supports.
- BS in STEM or related field and 3+ years system administration/systems engineering; OR 5 years of progressive experience in cyber security/system administration/systems engineering with no degree.
- At least one of the following certifications: Security+, CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX, Certified Splunk Architect
- Department of Homeland Security ESOC employees are required to obtain an Entry on Duty (EOD) clearance to support this program.
- 3+ years of hands-on general infrastructure administration and system engineering
- Experience with 2+ of the following areas
- RHEL 7.X security & systems engineering, design, and support
- Building custom kickstart files to manage partitions and systems configuration
- Automating bare metal deployments with Satellite server
- Network administration and design
- Configuring and managing virtualized environments
- Network access, identity and access management (e.g., public key infrastructure, PKI).
- Python and Shell Scripting
- Experience designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments with the tools such as GitLab CI, Ansible Tower, JIRA, Jenkins, Satellite.
- Experience with Splunk Administration
- Experience with Administration of network sensor devices (Fireeye, SourceFire, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- RHCSA/RHCE Certification
- Security Clearance (Secret or TS/SCI) or existing EOD with DHS
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with AWS
- Hands on Ansible experience
- Recent security operations center (SOC) experience
- Experience and knowledge with designing, building, deploying, and maintaining infrastructure in cloud environments
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Security Architecture and Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.