Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be onsite full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) group supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV is new vehicle intelligence platform that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! This space is ripe with technical leadership opportunities for advanced technology development, as well as the ability to provide mentorship for new employees. You can flex your teamwork muscles as you will be tasked with working with several other areas of engineering, IT, and the business!
- Lead, mentor and provide technical direction to the emulator and simulator development team.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of the assigned domain, including requirements, system design, development, deployment, and maintenance of the infotainment software.
- Participate in the design of a best-in-class in-vehicle platform for GM infotainment systems.
- Engage in all regular software development to ensure that the team delivers high quality code on time.
- Lead and work on new feature development, as well as maintenance of existing features and bug fixes.
- Lead integration of component subsystem designs into overall systems
- Collaborate with team members in software development activities using the Scrum/Agile development process.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related degree.
- 6+ years Software application development experience in automotive or portable consumer electronic devices in embedded domain
- Domain knowledge and experience of Software development on Linux and QNX system and have worked in various components and layers.
- Software design and development experience using object-oriented methodologies, data structures, algorithms and relevant design patterns.
- Proficiency in Python scripting, Java and C++ to design and write clean and well-structured optimal code for embedded systems.
- Demonstrated experience in multi-threading, Inter-process communication and synchronization of shared resources in QNX and Linux platform.
- Experience with POSIX operating systems such as Android, and Linux.
- Demonstrated experience in leading QNX and Linux based development.
- Experience with using and managing agile software development process.
- Demonstrated performance in a position requiring both challenging and engineering technical excellence
- Ability to work comfortably and effectively with cross functional team
- High level of oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively in a geographically dispersed team
Additional Job Description:
- Experience in Android middleware and framework development using Android Open-Source Project in Java (Application and Services) and Native layer.
- Experience in any of the following components: Audio, Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Experience in leading & conducting prototyping activities.
- Familiarity with different networking communication protocols (gRPC, TCP/IP UDP, MQTT, RTP etc).
- Experience in developing Automotive Infotainment solutions
- Experience with Android Auto, CarPlay or any other projection protocols.
- Experience with GIT or similar version controls
- Common tools used for embedded development and IDEs are highly preferred.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.