Linux Systems Administrator* The Leidos Innovations Center has a current opening for a TS/SCI cleared Linux Systems Administrator supporting our client’s overall mission to design and implement a data centric architecture that leverages cloud-based computing, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) over cross-domain transfer systems. We’re hiring now for this exciting new Task Order that will commence July 2023.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next TS/SCI cleared Linux Systems Administrator supporting DIA-NMEC under our 10-year DOMEX Technology Platform (DTP) contract. Have impact as part of a mission focused, solutions oriented, and adaptive team that values innovation, collaboration, and professional development. Your job will be to bring together, Linux (primarily) and windows systems administration, systems maintenance, and systems performance optimization. You succeed through effective cross functional collaboration in areas such as, but not limited to, development, product, and QA in a dynamic and fast paced environment. While most work is conducted on-site at our client location in Bethesda, MD, we offer a flexible schedule and, occasionally, some tasks may be performed remotely. Percentage of remote work will vary based on client requirements/deliverables.
As an integral member of the team, you will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, and system engineers on the following key tasks:
- Perform Linux builds, installs, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Linux servers to include base configuration, security and system patching, performance monitoring in physical and virtual environments
- Provide operating system hardening and system patching
- Manage, maintain, configure, and deploy system integration tools such as Kubernetes, Rancher, Helm
- Develop scripts to support patching, configuration, and automate other infrastructure tasks
- Perform disaster recovery planning and testing
- Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
You demonstrate clear devotion to the DevOps and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) mindset and meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 6+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience as a Linux Administrator
- Must possess an Active Top Secret SCI clearance and ability to obtain TS/SCI with CI Poly
- Working knowledge of COTS and FOSS storage solution
- Experience with Linux performance tuning, optimization, and security configuration.
- Experience with highly available and scalable systems and applications
- Expertise in configuration, administration, and troubleshooting of Linux (RHEL/CentOS, Ubuntu)
- Experience with Patching: yum repositories, APT repositories
- Experience with DevOps practices and tools including Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and practices, especially Gitlab or Jenkins
- Experience with Agile practices
- Experience with Configuration Management and IaC tools such as Salt or Ansible
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic with the ability to work well on a team and a self-starter who can work on their own
You will wow us even more if you have some of these skills:
- Experience with systems at scale
- Knowledge of Atlassian software suite tools such as JIRA, JIRA Service Desk, and Confluence
- Experience with Windows Systems Administration and troubleshooting Active Directory
- Experience with ELK clusters, including Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana and *beats
- Experience maintaining AI/ML environments (NVIDIA hardware and software)
- Experience maintaining large data (Petabyte) environments and storage solutions
- Experience with advanced Linux network hardware (eg: Mellanox Network Cards)
- Experience working in an air-gapped/not-connected-to-the-internet environment
Pay Range $66,300.00 – $102,000.00 – $137,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.