As technology evolves toward the cloud, we re advancing to a software-defin
data center model. Our goal is to solve big business challenges through data
based approaches. You ll be working in support of that mission, performing
complex analysis, acquisition, installation, maintenance, and upgrades of
computer hardware, operating systems, and software utilities in mission-
critical production environments. You ll be collaborating with some of the
best minds in the industry in order to keep us on the forefront of cloud
* Performs complex analysis, engineering, implementation, installation,
maintenance, and upgrade of computer hardware, OSs, and software.
* Provides daily operations support including, but not limited to: alert
and platform monitoring, troubleshooting, capacity management,
provisioning, hardware and software configuration, patching, upgrades and
performance monitoring/tuning. Administers multiple servers and hardware,
including on-call rotation, in a 24x7x365, 99.999% availability
* Composes clear and concise documentation and reports.
* Troubleshoot issues in a concise and timely manner, providing rapid
resolution to assigned issues.
What we re looking for…
* Bachelor s degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* System administration experiences in Red Hat LINUX, Windows, and
networking equipment (Cisco / F5).
* Willingness to work in a 24×7 environment and support any shift.
* A degree in computer science or electrical engineering.
* Experience with a multitude of OS tools and utilities for managing,
monitoring and troubleshooting Linux infrastructure and networks
LINUX/UNIX shell scripting.
* Experience with Satellite, and Ansible.
* Experience with system administration of H.
* P C7000 blades, DL360, DL380, DL560 and DL580 servers.
* Experience and experience with VmWare.
* Experience with supporting Oracle SQL database including Oracle RAC
* knowledge of SAN architectures and Fibre Channel protocols.
* Experience administering servers, backup operations, and systems
monitoring in multiple and complex network server environments.
* Experience with Server upgrades, O/S and firmware patching.
* Experience supporting mission critical systems 24x7x365 including regular
on-call for after-hour and weekend support.
* Openstack or AWS experience.
* Certifications in Red Hat, HP, Microsoft, Cisco, VmWare, Openstack, AWS,
Advanced Ansible / GIT skills.
When you join Verizon…
You ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that s transformin
people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide
the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to
5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making
communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you ll have the
ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We
offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every
role. Together we ll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a
collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a
sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our
diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’
differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes
Job Family: TEC
Business Unit: HQOVH
Show moreShow less
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.