Leidos is seeking a motivated, seasoned, and experienced Mid to Sr. level Software Engineer to assume a hands-on lead engineering position with the Leidos Live Training Range efforts. This is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial technical individual to shape, drive and complete an effort, setting the stage for potential follow-on business opportunities. The Leidos live range efforts focus on instrumentation and range infrastructure supporting wireless MILES engagement systems. Recent efforts are focused on international ranges located in the mid-East. Leidos is seeking a motivated, experienced software engineer to assume the role of live range software engineer for the installed system. he job is centered on continuing operations and maintaining the existing live range capabilities that have been developed and fielded over the past several years, including hands-on technical software activity, system definition and implementation, and training support to the staff who support the customer systems. The work scope includes infrastructure and communications software, control and planning software, firmware on the instrumented systems, and visualization/AAR software components.
Primary duties will include hands-on involvement with the software baseline debugging and development including the maintenance of the baseline reference system in Orlando. Duties will include coordination with internal technicians, subcontractor personnel, and Leidos senior staff providing program oversight. The successful candidate will have the ability to plan and coordinate activity in events such as acceptance testing, ability to assess and manage test plans and procedures, an analytical approach to identifying, tracking, prioritizing, and solving identified issues, and a clear understanding of maintaining/operating a system in a firm fixed price environment. The position will include international travel and a knowledge/awareness of issues such as ITAR restrictions and rules.
A successful candidate will demonstrate a good aptitude for problem solving, be organized and able to communicate at a high level. The ability to address and resolve multiple overlapping priorities and issues is essential.
The successful candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Assess and understand the system architecture and software implementation of the live range systems.
- Be able to discuss with other engineers the issues related to embedded software, hardware devices, and wireless communications systems and their impacts on the software baselines.
- Plan and execute the necessary activities for managing the software baselines, addressing bug fixes and new development as needed.
- Prepare and deliver appropriate baseline patches based on the fixes implemented.
- Assisting in estimating and proposing solutions that are outside of the current contract scope to the end customer.
- Support in-field installation and operations at an international location, leading to the effort for in-country demonstrations and testing. Potential exists for periodic travel in the host country as the system is installed, debugged, demonstrated, and trained. The SW Engineer will work in conjunction with the rest of the Leidos and subcontractor team for as long as 2 weeks to answer the baseline issues, support test events, and assist the Chief System engineer with activities focused on SW operation, solutions and fixes. Periodic travel to assess and debug issues and install SW patches may also be required (up to twice per year).
- Maintain and control the software baselines and data repositories to ensure the system baseline is tracked, secure and accessible to the engineering staffs within the baseline reference system in Orlando.
- Coordinate with subcontractor staff to ensure their system understanding, ability and hands-on experience is sufficient to operate and manage the fielded system.
- BS degree in Software Engineering or strongly related technical field and 4 years prior relevant experience, OR, A Master’s Degree in Software Engineering or a strongly related technical field with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Preference will be given to experience with Java on Linux and Windows-based systems, ability to manipulate Atlassian tools, and operations in a virtual environment including SDO.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of formalized software development processes
- Strong working knowledge of the software testing process and demonstrated experience with fielded systems. Preference will be given to experience involving wireless communications, complex GUI interfaces and control software.
- Knowledge and experience with technical documentation, training materials and system training.
- Able to multi-task, self-assign work, and function in a dynamic environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills with ability to brief various audiences on status of projects, as needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills to negotiate and work with technical staff.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint, and XML authoring tools)
- Experience with ITAR regulations and its implementation on projects
- US Citizenship is required.
- Experience as a Subject Matter Expert with Army training systems
- Familiarity and experience with MILES equipment and systems
- International experience in the Mid-East or Arabic countries
Pay Range $78,000.00 – $141,000.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.