LCRA is looking for a Software Developer II to join our team. As a part of LCRA’s Market Systems team, your expertise will contribute to an organization that strives to enhance the quality of life of the Texans we serve. At an intermediate level, develops and modifies software application programs from detailed specifications. Gathers user requirements and documents functional and technical specifications as needed. Codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains and supports a wide variety of software applications and systems based on various development frameworks. Creates detailed system documentation. Evaluates, installs and tests off-the-shelf pre-packaged software. Provides training to end users and system owners as needed. Competent to work on all phases of applications programming activities. This position utilizes in-depth knowledge of best practices and experience in own discipline to provide and improve services. Takes a new perspective to solve complex problems.
You will be trusted to:
- Gathers and documents user requirements and functional/technical specifications for software solutions as needed.
- Programs, codes, and develops complex software applications based on various development frameworks.
- Evaluates, installs and performs upgrades of off-the-shelf pre-packaged software in conjunction with business requirements.
- Rewrites or reworks existing software programs based on new requirements.
- Maintains existing software programs.
- Troubleshoots and provides tier 3 user support for software applications.
- Coordinates software development activities with infrastructure and testing staff.
- Provides system training to end users/system owners.
- Trains and provides guidance to less experienced staff.
- Work hours are spent in an office environment
- Work involves weekends, holidays and non-standard hours
- Work involves providing 24/7/365 on-call support on a rotating basis
You qualify with:
- Six or more years of experience in developing and programming/coding software applications. A degree(s) in computer science or relevant field may be substituted per LCRA guidelines for certain years of experience.
You are a great fit with:
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Familiarity with Electric Industry, and ERCOT Electricity Market
- Familiarity with electricity metering, substation solid state meter operations, and configurations, meter data translation and validation, processing, storage, and applications
- Knowledge of large electric customer complex billing practices, rate design, and rate schedules
- Knowledge of ERCOT Settlement, and related charge types and billing determinants
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in Windows Desktop and Server Operating Systems
- Strong preference for proficiency with Oracle databases, design, tools, and operations
- Strong Preference for experience using Oracle Lodestar Rules Language, and applications
- Strong preference for experience with Oracle Utilities Energy Information Platform
- Strong preference for experience using Microsoft Internet Information Server
- Strong Preference for experience developing .Net, and ASP.NET applications
- Experience developing web user interfaces, dynamic html, style sheets, xml, xsl, and xslt
- Familiar with Systems architecture, Computer Networking
– Competitive salary & medical, dental, vision and legal insurance
– Paid time off, including time for vacation, sick and family care leave
– 401(k) match up to 8% that includes a student loan 401(k) contribution program option
– Life and disability insurance
– Wellness program including wellness incentive
– Extensive learning & development programs
And more – all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
LCRA provides equal employment opportunities and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at LCRA are based on business need, job requirement and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status in accordance with applicable federal and state legal requirements governing nondiscrimination in employment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org