The Senior Director of Information and Technology Services provides leadership in the selection, planning, design implementation, evolution and support of information and technology systems to meet the strategic needs of the LSU Foundation. This position is responsible for providing leadership on a comprehensive system migration from our Ellucian Advance database to a new suite of technology tools. The Senior Director of ITS is also responsible for leading a team of seven, ultimately responsible for business intelligence, including building dashboards and reporting tools to allow the organization to strategically leverage data, system integrations, project management, software creation, application administration, desktop support, and help desk requests, network and system administration, cybersecurity and data privacy, and BA, QA, and technical training. Critical to this role is the ability to provide leadership that allows for flexibility within the team, cultivates team members to develop new and relevant skills and provides motivation to achieve goals and foster career development.
50% : Information and Technology Services
- Works to ensure the proper execution of multiple IT system projects, including acquisition, deployment, training, conversion, and maintenance. Director will also carry a portfolio of work to personally execute
- Manages and is responsible for LSU Foundation information technologies and services functions
- Serves as the person responsible for cyber-security and data privacy, which includes understanding the legality and best practices around data sharing in a university environment including FERPA, GDPR, and Donor Bill of Rights
- Acts as liaison between users and programmers to ensure that information and technology solutions required by users are implemented
- Meets scheduled production deadlines
- Determines where delivered systems meet/do not meet business needs
30% : Data Management
- Directs the acquisition of data and other information and report timely and accurately for monthly/quarterly/annual reports to LSU Foundation and University leadership.
- Identifies where new systems can be leveraged to meet business needs, assuring data integrity and reporting accuracy
- Reviews and approves changes to the alumni and donor database
- Establishes and documents policies and procedures
- Implements and manages quality control measures and metrics related to specific departmental responsibilities
20% : Strategic Planning
- Provides strategic guidance to the Information and Technology Services work groups and supervises the daily business activities, e.g. report writing, project management, system administration, desktop support, etc.
- Provides advice and counsel to senior management toward determining priorities based on overall organizational goals
- Manages a significant budget and provide monthly spending forecasting to Assistant Vice President of Advancement Services
- Participates as needed in topical discussions related to operations, integration and operational risk management activities with other business partners and organizations in the LSU technical and operational ecosystem
Non-essential/marginal position responsibilities
- Completes projects/reports as requested.
- Supports information gathering or strategic planning with other business units across LSU
- Monitors industry best practices and innovation with perspectives on applicability for LSU environment
Required level/type of experience
- Experience as a programmer, business analyst, or system administrator
- Supervisory experience
- Expert in CASE Reporting Standards and Management Guidelines.
- Proficiency in SQL
- In-depth understanding of fundraising business processes in a university setting; expertise in relational databases
- Knowledge of fundraising CRMs (i.e., Salesforce, Blackbaud, or Ellucian Advance)
- Knowledge of various system platforms
- Understanding of and skill in various software applications
- Familiarity in report writing in various reporting tools
Preferred level/type of experience
- Management level IT governance experience
- Experience in higher education administrative computing and information services
- Expert in Ellucian Advance Web
- Certified project manager
- Proficiency in iModules, JIRA, Office365 product line, and Blackbaud Financial Edge
- Expertise in report writing, Oracle PL/SQL programming
- Experience with large scale conversion/migration projects
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
Ability to effectively manage a diverse team in a structured way, and lead in a project-driving team environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects, lead teams, and work independently
- Able to understand and follow complex directions and work in a cooperative group
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Ability to learn and adjust quickly to the database environment
- Superior planning and project management skills
Ability to work under pressure and with frequent interruptions
- Meet inflexible deadlines
- Excellent customer service mentality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment
- Master’s Degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or other relevant field or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Collaboration: Works collegially with others, cooperating in both interpersonal and team relationships; fosters enthusiasm and maintains mutual trust, candor, and respect.
- Adaptability: Responds to changing circumstances by being innovative and altering behavior to better fit different situations; successfully works with new colleagues; willing to be flexible; remains calm in stressful situations.
- Critical Thinking: Practices objective rather than subjective modes of reasoning and action. Maintains perspective when assessing qualitative and quantitative information. Appropriately challenges and questions common beliefs.
- Timely Decision Making/Judgment: Demonstrates the ability to make judicious and effective decisions.
- Effective Communication: Shares and receives information using clear oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Attention to Detail/Accuracy: Focuses on paying attention to all details and aspects of a job or process to avoid substandard outputs.
- Professionalism: Thinks carefully about the likely effects on others of one’s words, actions, appearance, and mode of behavior.
Work Environment Requirements
- May be required to work extended workdays, evenings, and weekends to meet deadlines or support event response (weather, issues, etc.).
Travel is limited to occasional professional development conferences.
Will be required to comply with our mandatory COVID vaccination policy, unless granted an exemption for medical or religious reasons
- This position will supervise the Information Services staff.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com