Macfadden is looking for a Solutions Delivery and Data Development Manager based in Washington, DC, who will be a key member of the group, supporting both internal and external information systems along with technology and innovation projects and solutions. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating IT system needs and identifying and implementing solutions for collaboration, grants management, budgeting, financial analysis, personnel and other key internal systems. She/he will also be responsible for ensuring that FFP systems are continually monitored, evaluated and improved upon in consultation with key stakeholders, including award applicants, FFP managers, financial analysts, report writers, activity evaluators, CIO, CPO and CISO, contractor IT support, and FFP management. She/he will also be responsible for assisting in the design and management of FFP’s data architecture.
The Manager must be able to communicate technical information to FFP stakeholders in clear and simple terms. He/she must also have the skills necessary to “translate” FFP operational requirements to technical designs and translate final project technical design concepts back to the functional teams.
Food For Peace is a busy, dynamic, and highly complex office and the successful candidate must be flexible in responding to changing needs and priorities. The ideal candidate will be an independent self-starter with excellent follow through and communication skills, along with a strong attention to detail and accuracy. This person will be responsible for ensuring other staff and contractors complete necessary work assignments on time and accurately.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Knowledge of or experience with technology innovation such as Block Chain, Artificial Intelligence, etc.
- Experience and knowledge of existing USG, USAID and/or FFP structures and processes
- Bachelor’s degree with minimum 15 years’ experience in related field OR Master’s degree with minimum of 12 years’ experience in related field.
- Minimum 12 years’ of progressively responsible, professional-level experience of which must be related to Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Design and development of data-driven applications utilizing significant database engines as part of the overall application architecture.
- Experience with user requirements definition, integrated application architectures, analysis of COTS, GOTS and custom-built applications and technology, level of effort and cost estimations, performance measures, test planning interoperability planning.
- Experience with data management, analytics or visualization.
- Demonstrated experience communicating project status, daily task management and proactive issue tracking and resolution.
- Experience coordinating diverse project teams made up of business users, technical developers, and vendor resources in projects.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple and competing priorities and projects.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication.
U.S. Citizenship is required; selected candidate must be able to qualify for a government sponsored clearance.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds.
To apply for this job please visit pae.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.