Your passion and values might be a good fit for our teams if you answer “yes” to the following questions:
- Are you looking for a company that puts employees first, with a focus on career, flexibility, and well-being?
- Do you enjoy collaborating with colleagues and teammates and believe that the best ideas are fostered in an inclusive environment?
- Are you searching for a team with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive for daily mission success?
- Are you comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership?
- Do you enjoy being a catalyst, solving complex problems, and providing innovative solutions?
- Do you have the flexibility, creativity, and resilience to pivot the mission for success?
- Do you have the courage to make tough ethical decisions with pride, transparency, and respect?
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our teams are dedicated to supporting new team members in an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Experienced engineers will be assigned to new hires for one-on-one mentoring, collaborative code reviews, and coaching on customer engagement to help each new hire successfully onboard and demonstrate their skills. Projects and tasks are assigned in a way that leverages your strengths and will help you further develop your skillset.
Foundation for Success (Basic Qualifications):
This experience is the foundation a candidate needs to be successful in this position:
- 7 years of experience or more as a Mainframe Systems Engineer installing and maintaining systems software.
- 7 years of experience providing WebSphere application programming support and troubleshooting.
- 7 years of experience with IBM SMP/E to perform mainframe software installation and maintenance.
- 7 years of experience tuning and problem determination relating to current production applications and new applications being migrated through the software lifecycle.
- 5 years of experience using Introscope for WebSphere monitoring.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Factors to Help You Shine (Required Skills):
Please update below grey text.
These skills will help you succeed in this position:
- Ability to analyze, develop, plan and perform mainframe operating system software installation and maintenance.
- Ability to implement, test and verify mainframe software.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve mainframe software problems
How to Stand Out from the Crowd (Desired Skills)
- Prior Federal government experience
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual who adapts and isn't afraid to volunteer in a dynamic work environment.
- Strong attention to detail with an ability to operate effectively across multiple priorities.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams and contribute to our communities. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around, you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us!
- Provide Mainframe System programming support to the Division of Mainframe Systems Software (DMSS) and support the stabilization of current and future WAS environments.
- Build and document WebSphere cells on PPF, iPPF, MISF, HAF, and IHAF.
- Build and document WebSphere cells on newly created WAS environments.
- Configure the WebSphere variables for each cell and for each application server.
- Configure the LDAP registry, the CICS connections, the IBM HTTP servers and plug-ins.
- Create the self-signed server certificate, TCP port definitions for each application server.
- Install and configure CA Introscope on each applicable server.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today! ITSSCII
Pay Range $118,300.00 – $213,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.