M-F Day shift
Manager, Application Support serves in a first line management and mentor role for a group of application support analysts. The duties as outlined below are considered responsibilities that are in addition to regular applications analyst work assignments.
– Demonstrated experience in operational support of health information systems, including definition of standards and guidelines for application design, implementation and ongoing support. Ideally the operational support crosses a broad spectrum including clinical, ancillary, and patient processing/financial services.
– Proven leadership skills, dependability, and initiative.
– Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with at all levels of the organization.
* Positive and professional attitude, ability to lead and grow strong teams
* Ability to delegate tasks and mentor direct reports
* Strong advocate for Process Improvement
* Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working climate which will be conducive to maximum employee morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness
– Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
– An understanding that first line managers are accountable for the performance of others
Provide leadership to subordinate employees including (but not limited to) mentoring and coaching, counseling and motivating, problem solving, policy adherence, performance expectations, and conflict management.
* Working in conjunction with Director, the Manager will be responsible for:
o The recruiting/interviewing/hiring process
o Drafting annual performance evaluations
o Ensuring smooth flow of work through department
o Counseling team members, documenting the actions/behaviors leading to a recommendation for specific personnel
o Investigating and (if needed) escalating performance concerns
* Ensure adherence to departmental policy including time and attendance, on call coverage, vacation approval, ongoing education requirements
* Participate in daily, weekly, monthly, and annual planning process as appropriate
* Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established organizational policies to achieve the overall objectives of this position.
HR Use Only
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.