The Application Support Manager will be the subject matter and technical expert for Workday HCMS and other Human Resources applications and systems. They will work with the business, support help desk, and other team members to ensure their systems are stable, reliable, and flexible to meet our dynamic business needs.
- At least 10 years of overall IT experience, with minimum
- 5 years Workday technical skills, and
- 2 years of application management experience.
- Expertise in Workday HCMS functionality and configuration.
- Experience managing a team of 5 to 8 members and an portfolio of applications. Including Kronos, Phenom CRM
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex issues and provide effective solutions.
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Please note that this is not a project manager position.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, including vendors and service providers.
- Experience with system upgrades and new releases.
- Experience with system security and compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field is preferred.
- Manage and lead a team of 5 to 8 members responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Workday application and integrations.
- Develop and maintain Workday functionality to ensure the system meets the needs of the business.
- Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and provide solutions to meet their needs.
- Provide ongoing support to end-users, including troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Manage system upgrades and new releases, working closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a smooth transition.
- Work with external vendors to ensure optimal performance of the Workday application.
- Manage system security and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain system documentation for all technical aspects of the solutions.
- Provide regular reports to management on system performance, usage, and issues.
- Develop and maintain change control procedures for the Workday application, ensuring that all changes are properly documented, approved, and tested before being deployed to production.
- Monitor the performance of the Workday application and identify areas for improvement, working with the team to implement enhancements that optimize system performance and meet the needs of the business.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities for process improvement, developing and implementing strategies to streamline workflows and increase efficiency.
- Provide guidance and support to the team on best practices for application management, including training and development opportunities to continuously improve the team's knowledge and skills.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers' tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.