Universal Orlando Resort believes in-person collaboration is key to our success. Many of our Team Members work in a hybrid capacity, contributing from the workplace a minimum of three days per week. Some remote opportunities are available within specific departments. There are also roles that require being on-site full time. You’ll learn more about this during the application process.
JOB SUMMARY: The Manager of DevOps Engineering is a key technology delivery and leadership role that manages the DevOps Development and Delivery Platforms and drives the proliferation of automation across the Digital Technology teams. Responsibilities include delivery of CI/CD and platform capabilities for Digital Applications and ensuring environments are available for testing. The Manager will utilize standard metrics and KPIs to measure platform performance and availability and provide this information to Delivery Leaders.
The Manager will also implement and lead platform improvement projects including Cloud adoption for Digital and Technology applications. They will collaborate with the Application Team Leads and Quality Engineering Managers to identify areas for improvements and turn those into roadmap items for the DevOps team to execute.
This leadership position is focused on innovation, design and development of new digital experiences based on existing physical theme park experiences and launching new businesses in both physical and virtual spaces.
Technology Delivery & Strategy
- Provide leadership and utilizing a consistent DevOps approach to develop creative technical solutions for all aspects of delivery activities and projects, influences decisions of a tactical strategic nature with the ability to be a creative thought partner with business stakeholders, service providers, and related technology teams. Communicates issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
- Define and implement processes that will drive improved system availability and quality across multiple delivery teams
- Utilize metrics, performance and regression testing to establish a world class strategy for maintaining system stability
- Design scalable automated solutions for performance and regression testing by leveraging automation frameworks
- Lead by example & oversee a cross-functional team of technologists (full-time employees, project hires, and partner resources) from diverse disciplines to deliver best-in-class solutions.
Platform Stability &Operational/Delivery Excellence
- Define and utilize metrics and KPIs to measure the adoption and success of the automated framework. Identify positive trends in the digital platform and leverage them to identify areas for further improvement
- Collaborate with QE team to define test automation and architecture, best practices, framework, tools, and systems for the Digital and Technology organization
- Drive focus on operational excellence throughout the organization & partners, including (but not limited to) processes, governance, efficient working approaches, collaboration
- Partner with stakeholders for on-time delivery of solutions, proactively mitigate risk of “scope creep” and business impact during transformational change.
Cross-Team Collaboration, Team Culture, Staff Development
- Supervise and mentor direct reports/team members in day-to day management and administration of UPR digital transformation
- Provide clear executive decision-making and priority management; coaches and builds confidence in staff to make good business decisions using technology & analytical thinking
- Promote working culture of accountability and technology depth to support Universal’s physical and virtual business aspirations
- Drive Universal Culture of team-member satisfaction through effective communication, planning, risk management, and coaching of high-potential candidates at every level of the organization
- Work seamlessly with other Digital and Technology & business unit leaders to architect and build best in class solutions and experiences.
- Manage appropriate departmental budgets; review/approve related budget expenditures with “act as an owner” mentality
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technology is required. Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred.
- 7+ years of technical leadership in a large-scale, enterprise Engineering or Information Technology organization. Proven experience partnering with client groups in support of managing complex, multi-year and multi-location projects and programs, including the creation and management of program associated budgets.
- 5+ years of experience with deployment/configuration management tools like GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins
- Experienced with network infrastructure, database, cloud and data center operations and security protocols.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, GCP or Oracle Cloud
- Proven experience in building a strategy for managing a platform that supports enterprise-level application systems, middleware, eCommerce, web, mobile, and revenue management applications
- Demonstrated experience in “bi-modal” technology environments that combine digital/agile with enterprise/monolithic applications
- Ability to quickly build relationships with other leaders (both in and outside of division)
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with peers, clients, IT management and subordinates. Proven expertise in fostering teams and must be able to influence teams and get results from those who do not report directly into this position
- Proven experience to work as part of a team and to deliver one or several projects simultaneously
- Self-starter and able to work independently, while also able to share responsibilities, ideas and other information
- Demonstrated ability to define and execute strategic initiatives
- or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Your talent, skills and experience will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Universal is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Universal Orlando via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Universal Orlando HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Universal Orlando. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Universal Orlando as a result of the referral or through other means.
Universal Orlando Resort. Here you can.
Universal Orlando is an equal opportunity employer. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2023 Universal Studios. All rights reserved. EOE
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.