Responsible for overseeing a team of engineers in the Global Technical Support
organization, who are engaged in providing assistance to customers and partners
in technical issue identification and resolution. Specializes in high-end,
Enterprise level support of customers or channel partners with advanced support
needs . Establishes staff schedules for queue coverage and individual or group
training sessions. Conducts regular 1:1 and team meetings to evaluate
individual and team performance, and facilitates development of proficiency in
both technical skills and general customer service skills.
The primary duties for this position include but are not limited to:
* Delivery of superior-level service to end-user customers, and functioning
as point-of-contact for escalated issues to ensure appropriate response
and focus of support teams.
* Regularly participating in strategic planning discussions to provide
insightful ideas on process improvements and customer service delivery.
* Conducting regular team meetings and performance discussions with support
* Interacting with regional and corporate management on matters between
functional areas or customers and the company.
* Tracking, monitoring and reporting on department operations, and closely
manages critical customer accounts to develop path to issue resolution.
* Monitoring both the Virtual Call Center and Salesforce to ensure support
engineers are following the call priority flow and maintaining an
available phone status, documenting the issues well, and following cases
through to efficient and effective resolution.
* Assigning and managing projects based on new product releases, call
related issues and/or training needs within the organization. Tracks
projects and initiates documentation based on project successes.
* Must possess a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems or
* At least 3 years of management experience in a technical support
environment, with advanced customer interaction skills.
* Previous account management or account executive skills desired, with
ability to organize and track multiple projects.
* Effective leadership experience required, with goal setting and action
plans for career development on a team and individual basis.
* Must exhibit effective customer service attitude and be able to lead a
team in resolving difficult customer situations.
* Must utilize exemplary verbal and written communication skills when
dealing with customers and business partners.
* Must have at least two years of experience as a Technical Engineer
* Skilled in leading and motivating talented support engineers.
* Project management experience or background, with experience in managing
multiple projects and priorities.
* Knowledge and proficiency in staff scheduling, workload analysis,
performance management, and interviewing skills.
* Ability and comfort in dealing with difficult employee or customer
issues, and in ensuring positive interactions even when message content
is difficult or critical.
* Must be motivated by challenges and be able to offer multiple solutions
for a problem.
* Proven track record of identifying and developing innovative enhancements
to Support process and methodology.
* Able to develop individual and team objectives to contribute positively
to organizational goals and direction.
* Proven ability to formulate and coordinate solutions to issues in
cooperation with multiple functional areas.
* Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and use judgment in
handling customer calls and providing technical assistance.
* Ability to effectively present complex technical material that is
tailored to the target audience at large venues.
* Ability to effectively present tailored materials to executive level
* Practices effective and appropriate communication skills, providing
valuable feedback and constructive criticism when needed.
* Knowledge of call center processes and terminology.
* Exhibits empathy and consideration for all ideas and suggestions provided
by peers and subordinates alike, and provides opportunities for open
discussion and evaluation of those ideas.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.