Our Technical Managers are key players in the management, planning and technical support of all projects related to Unix, Linux servers and storage. They also supervise the work of a team of Senior Systems Administrators.
Bachelor Degree in Information Technology, or related field
Minimum 10 years supporting Windows and Linux RedHat environments and their interaction
At least 5 years in a technical management level role leading a team
Active Directory, VMware virtualization stack
Dell Powermax and Powerscale storage units
- Unix, Linux Red Hat and Windows Certifications
Storage Area Networks
AIX exposure preferred but not required
Onprem, cololocation and cloud environment management
Previous experience helping organizations through transformative journey from traditional solo’d systems to fully integrated system model
Participate in architecture engagements
Experience driving automation of operational processes using toolsets like Terraform
Manage 8-10 technical administrators and engineers in problem solving
Participate in budget development as a contributor
Develop processes and procedures to advance efficiencies within operations
Mentor, coach, challenge and develop team members to
- Chart the strategic direction of environments for Unix, Linux servers and storage across the enterprise by overseeing evaluation, installation, configuration, management and maintenance.
- Oversee the configuration, management and maintenance of PC software images.
- Use hardware and software diagnostic tools to monitor performance.
- Coordinate technical project development by maintaining cognizance of all aspects involved, including time and resource requirements and providing input and guidance to the appropriate personnel to ensure efficient system operations that satisfy customer requirements.
- Implement and support employee development processes, including the Performance Appraisal Process and Leadership Development Process, to ensure the continuous development of employees and department services in order to meet changing customer requirements and the Company’s business objectives.
- Act as the technical focal point for strategic issues.
- Participate in the acquisition of resources by providing technical expertise.
- Resolve complex technical problems by utilizing experience and innovative approaches.
- Offer recommendations for hardware/software products based on allotted budget.
- Support employees’ development processes through appraisals and leadership development.
- Propose recommendations for staff training and development classes.
- Maintain safety as the top priority for our Team Members, guests and products.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, guests, vendors and the community.
At Giant Eagle Inc., we’re more than just food, fuel and convenience. We’re one giant family of diverse and talented Team Members. Our people are the heart and soul of our company. It’s why we strive to create a nurturing environment that offers countless career opportunities to grow. Deep caring and solid family values are what makes us one of the top work places for jobs in the Greater Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Columbus and Indianapolis Areas. From our Warehouses to our GetGo’s, our grocery Stores through our Corporate home office, we are working together to put food on shoppers’ tables and smiles on their faces. We’re always searching for the best Team Members to welcome to our family. We invite you to join our Giant Eagle family. Come start a lasting career with us.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.