Mgr Business Intelligence-Phoenix, AZ
Job no: ******
Work type: Full Time Regular
Categories: Analytics/Data Science, Finance/Accounting, Leadership
Manages the planning and execution of business intelligence activities and enterprise data projects including data governance, data quality, data availability and content. Manages data discovery efforts to identify and investigate patterns, detect desirable customer attributes, and recommend business and/or technical solutions. Utilizes job specific tools to access and format complex data files that can be displayed or delivered for use in critical and strategic business applications.
Essential Job Functions:
* Manages the planning, organizing, staffing, leadership and control of activities for the department to include interviewing, selecting, and developing staff, monitoring and appraising performance, coaching and motivating, administering disciplinary action as needed and administers compensation. Develops and maintains an engaged and accountable workforce and a fair and equitable working environment. Assures expenditures are within budget and appropriately authorized.
* Assures the professional development of staff including technical and business intelligence analysis skills, Company business processes, and the banking industry. Develops and fosters an environment that empowers team members to make decisions in order to obtain goals and objectives in accordance with business needs and timelines. Maintains awareness of and follow accepted practices in business intelligence analysis and project management.
* Provides oversight and direction regarding the application of business intelligence and data management methodologies and techniques. Sets and reviews guidelines for data quality standards. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
* Manages the planning, development and execution of business intelligence activities and enterprise data projects including data governance, data quality, data availability, and content. Prioritizes information and quality activities at a data element and source system level. Recommends and implements enterprise data quality standards and monitors compliance with them throughout the enterprise.
* Provides leadership and high level oversight of the implementation of Business Intelligence tools/software related project plans and activities. Guides project staff to drive out unperceived business needs, articulate project needs to management and business areas, and leverage existing solutions where appropriate.
* Develops, maintains, and utilizes current knowledge of business areas, Mutual of Omaha practices, the Banking industry, and the business intelligence/analytics environment. Maintains competitive knowledge of business intelligence/analytics and data management technologies, methodologies, standards, and enterprise data sources and structures.
* Participates in data quality standards and source system identification and prioritizes object transmission into the data warehouse. Manages and coordinates subject matter expert input on data elements.
Provides direction and guidance to I/S and senior management on the development of the logical and functional data model.
* Manages data discovery efforts to identify and investigate patterns, detect desirable customer attributes, and recommend business solutions. Analyzes problems from various points of view to determine the best-suited course, switching from one type of solution strategy to another when necessary. Anticipates technical problems, future implementation and acceptance issues, and works collaboratively with stakeholders across the organization to design intervention strategies. Participates in analytic facets of data management distribution strategies including design, data analysis, model development, implementation, testing/validation, and tracking finished models.
* This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
* This position requires up to 33% travel, which may include flying and/or driving and some overnight stays.
* This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
* This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
* Seasoned management, project management, leadership, and human relations skills.
* Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and facilitation skills and the ability to influence stakeholders and build relationships internally and externally at multiple levels.
* Seasoned knowledge of data management, information quality, analytic and statistical tools, processes and technology. Strong analytical and mathematical skills, including but not limited to techniques such as clustering, segmentation, predictive modeling and algorithms.
* Seasoned knowledge of: Applicable regulatory requirements such as HIPAA, Patriot Act and privacy and data usage laws; Finance, Customer Services, Product, Marketing, Sales domain and IT objectives and strategy; Project and process management and business systems requirements.
* Strong knowledge of data management techniques, relational database administration, data consumption, and advanced data analysis.
* Strong knowledge of information systems and computer technology skills and the ability to use various computer technologies.
* Ability to provide key assessments of Business Intelligence technologies and methodologies for application within their organization.
* Seasoned knowledge and strategic awareness of Business Intelligence industry trends and the ability to adapt to the organization.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-************. We are available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4 pm CST.
For all other inquiries, contact our HR Helpline at 1-************, option 4.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Advertised: Jun 22, 2018 09:00 AM Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 16, 2018 11:55 PM Mountain Daylight Time
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.