Miami Dade College, Eduardo J Padron Campus is now accepting applications for the Campus Network System Administrator position. This position This position is responsible for managing, configuring, and maintaining the campus servers, storage, and other related resources, creating, and managing user accounts, group policies, organization units, end user images, and other network resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes daily decisions in the process of performing daily system administration tasks to support systems used in academic labs, library, courtyard and by students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Analyzes, assesses, determines, and proposes production system configurations and changes
- Installs, configures, and maintains systems software for campus labs, courtyard, and library
- Provides timely and rapid responses to issues related to the campus network
- Installs, configures, and maintains servers and related computing resources, including network security, backup of servers, disaster recovery, documentation of resources, optimization of server performance and reliability
- Creates and maintains scripts to update systems, deploy software, images, and updates for student, faculty, staff, and administration workstations
- Provides systems level support for applications and client workstations, including creating and maintaining images for campus workstations
- Creates and maintains enterprise level organization units and group polices
- Develops and maintains system documentation, policies, and procedures
- Completes and provides status and statistical reports of systems
- Purchases systems, hardware, and software
- Remains current in certifications and technologies related to position
- Trains, manages, and evaluates employee performance
- Provides work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel absence
Master’s degree in an appropriate field and two (2) years of experience in networking and/or enterprise level computing with at least one (1) year of experience maintaining network servers and supervising technical staff; or bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field and six (6) years of experience in networking and/or enterprise level computing, with at least one (1) year of experience maintaining network servers and supervising technical staff.
To learn more about this and other employment opportunities with Miami Dade College, please visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.mdc.edu.