Miami Dade College, Eduardo J Padron Campus is now accepting applications for the Director, Campus Network Services position. This position is part of a Campus team responsible for delivery of academic, administrative, student support, and computer services such as monitoring the adherence to standards in the purchasing of hardware/software, working with Campus personnel, and selecting and upgrading appropriate hardware/software operation and maintenance needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs operations relating to server management, network security, disaster recovery, inventory control and computer and peripheral repair
- Develops and improves operational policies and procedures as agreed upon by College-wide Campus Network Directors
- Coordinates installation and upgrade projects through phases of conceptualization, design and implementation
- Manages the department’s operational budget with the Campus CIO and represents the campus on various college-wide committees, working with college leadership to establish college networking standards
- Oversees the supervision, training, and development of personnel and scheduling of daily operations as well as coordinating services with other College departments (Telecommunications, District Computer Operations, College Network Services, and other Campus Departments) as necessary
- Assists the Campus CIO with the supervision and professional development of the CNS staff across the Campus
- Works with Campus CIO on project management and vendor management, managing large-scale projects involving outside partners of the college and multiple teams within the college
- Develops recommendations for cost effective purchases of hardware/software and networking technology in accordance with College IT standards and policies
- Consults with administrators, supporting staff and faculty to assess individual and departmental Campus Network Services’ needs and to develop and design effective training programs to meet them
- Analyzes, troubleshoots, and implements corrective measures to maintain services for a campus
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technologies or related field and a minimum of four (4) years of experience of which two (2) years of experience must be in a supervisory role or Bachelor’s degree and at least seven (7) years of experience of which two (2) years must be in a supervisory role.
To learn more about this and other employment opportunities with Miami Dade College, please visit us at www.mdc.edu/jobs.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.mdc.edu.