AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Mid Level ITS/Traffic Engineer for employment in the Boston,MA office.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Meet with clients to discuss project needs, give status updates, and deliver project findings
* Perform site visits to observe real-world operating conditions, document field equipment, and collect data
* Exercise judgment in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
* Execute engineering assignments such as preparing reports, analyzing data, performing civil and electrical calculations, designing engineering plans, estimating project costs, modeling traffic patterns, creating graphics and presentations, and more
* Perform systems engineering tasks for software and technology products such as determining needs and functional requirements, and testing end products
* Participate in program planning for public Traffic and ITS departments
* Assist in delivering training courses
* Research and apply new technologies in the industry, such as traffic signal performance measure systems and connected / autonomous vehicles
* Engage in business development through professional organizations and networking
* Build trusting working relationships with clients and colleagues
Business Line Transportation
Position Title Mid-Level ITS/Traffic Engineer
Position Status Full-Time
What We Offer AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It’s what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At AECOM, employee’s safety and security are our top Safeguarding core value. All employees are expected to set the highest level of safety expectation in their work, display the highest level of safe behavior, and actively participate in AECOM’s Safety For Life Program. SH&E is a part of our company culture and participation is required for all employees.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES: Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
* Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering with an emphasis in traffic or transportation engineering or other related field
* 5+ years of experience in the areas of developing roadway traffic plans, ITS plans, and performing traffic analysis
* Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) required
* Proficient using spreadsheets, word processing, and standard office software
* Proficient in industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as of AutoCAD, InRoads, Synchro, VISSIM and MicroStation)
* Knowledge of traffic engineering concepts and working knowledge of traffic analysis software programs
* Professional Engineer (PE) certification
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
State/Province/Region USA – Massachusetts
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.