This company is the network management platform for real-time connectivity. They integrate directly with networks to connect the devices, service providers, and manufacturers needed to do business. Once connected, we collect network data to interpret problems and coordinate resolutions. This position is in Duluth, Ga. This company is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer. This company has a company size of 51-200 employees. This company is a newer company and was founded in 2008. You will be working independently to build up this system/projects. You will be working closely with AWS, Kubernetes, Ansible, Gitlab/Jenkins, Terraform and Bash.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to read complex code and write scripts using Shell, Bash and Python.
- Experience enabling Cl/CD pipelines using tools such as GitLab, Ansible, and AWX.
- Advanced knowledge and administration of Linux operating systems. CentOS or Ubuntu is preferred.
- Experience with virtual server, serverless, and container-based architectures.
- Experience managing and architecting AWS (EC2, RDS, EKS, …) infrastructure.
- Experience administering and customizing Nagios (Naemon/Thruk).
- Ability to debug hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Bonus points for AWS certifications or skills related to: Go, PHP, Datadog, Gearman, Terraform, and Network Device Management.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or 2-5 years equivalent job
- CCNP or similar certifications desired. Linux certifications preferred.
- Understanding of virtualization concepts.
- Exercise creative thinking and ideation to advance our business performance.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening skills required.
- Must have good decision-making skills and the ability to think through issues, formulating logical resolutions independently.
What You Will Be Doing
- Build, maintain, and enhance our AWS cloud-based infrastructure.
- Administer Linux servers (Centos and Ubuntu) utilizing common tools like Shell, Bash, and Cron.
- Architect, design, and manage multiple Kubernetes clusters.
- Review and advise development teams on best practices around CI/CD automation utilizing tools such as GitLab, Ansible, and AWX.
- Assess architecture design for security vulnerabilities and suggest and implement proper alternatives.
- Take ownership in what is built and show a general passion for cloud technologies, the software development lifecycle, and IaC architecture.
- Continuously improve upon technical skills sets within assigned areas of expertise to ensure services are consistent with, and/or superior to, industry best practices.
- Collaborate with IT teams to adopt appropriate tools and technologies to improve time-to-value of software development projects.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customers changing business needs.
- Work closely with development teams to support the integration of Nagios (Naemon/Thruk) and other network management software onto the Intellitrex platform.
- Analyze, design, develop and test systems at to ensure the integration of software and hardware to support reliability, maintainability, safety, and other requirements in the total engineering effort.
- Support and engage in programs, projects and practices behind the culture and strategy, and comply with all policies and procedures.
- Document security on both new and fielded information systems or provide accreditation/certification evaluation and test support to ensure all technical security features are considered and functioning properly
- You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Benefits
- Vision Benefits
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis now and in the future.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.