Senior Enterprise Applications Developer (2021)
For full details and to apply, go to https://apptrkr.com/2488171
Type of Assignment: Full Time
Assignment Category: Regular Position
One regular, full-time, overtime-exempt position, 40 hours per week, 12 months per year, on the Oceanside campus. The work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. The person selected for this position will be subject to assignment to any district facility during any hours of operation.
IMPORTANT: MiraCosta College requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to promote a safe and healthful workplace for employees and to promote the health and safety of our campus community. Unvaccinated employees are at greater risk of contracting and spreading COVID-19 within the workplace and to the college community that depends on college programs and services. As of August 23, 2021, all employees must submit proof of vaccination or request and receive approval for a medical or religious exemption prior to their start date. For more information, please visit https://www.miracosta.edu/covid/covid-vaccination-requirements.html.
Salary Range: 42
Compensation: Starting at $118,254.00 per year (Range 42, Step 1).
Employees must make arrangements for the direct deposit of paychecks into the financial institution of their choice, via electronic fund transfer.
A full benefits package which includes employer-paid medical, dental, and vision plans for employee and dependents; $100,000 employee life insurance; other optional coverages; and membership in the California Public Employees’ Retirement System (CalPERS).
Position Term in Months: $Term
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit the following documents directly in the online system and finish applying and receive a confirmation number. The submission deadline for the first screening of applications is 11:59 pm on Friday, October 1, 2021.
1. Application on which you list all relevant experience.
2. A current resume or curriculum vitae summarizing your educational background and experience.
3. A cover letter addressed to the “Screening and Interview Committee” specifically describing how you meet the representative duties and desirable qualifications.
4. Transcripts of college coursework which provide evidence of meeting the minimum qualifications as stated in this job posting. Unofficial or legible photocopies are acceptable. If a degree(s) was earned, the transcripts must state that the degree was awarded. Any degree/coursework used to satisfy the minimum qualifications must be from a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by either the U.S. Department of Education or the Council on Postsecondary Accreditation.
If your degree(s) is from a college or university outside of the United States, you must submit a detailed evaluation from a professional evaluation agency. To view a list of agencies approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing, go to https://www.ctc.ca.gov/docs/default-source/leaflets/cl635.pdf?sfvrsn=6. Transcripts or translations in English still require the evaluation to show the U.S. equivalence of your degree.
The screening and interview committee will review application materials for up to three to four weeks following the closing date. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted by phone; those not selected for interview will be notified by e-mail once interview candidates have been scheduled.
Offer of employment to the person selected for this position is contingent upon 1) proof of being fully vaccinated* for COVID-19 or requesting and receiving approval for a medical or religious exemption; 2) successful completion of a pre-placement physical exam at district expense; 3) submission of a current tuberculosis test clearance; 4) proof of eligibility to work in the United States; 5) fingerprint clearance; and 6) approval by the Board of Trustees.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks or more after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (e.g. Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or two weeks or more after they have received a single-dose vaccine (e.g., Johnson and Johnson [J&J/Janssen).
Retired STRS members are not eligible for this position.
Under general direction, perform a variety of advanced technical functions involving application production support of the district’s enterprise business systems, with special emphasis on Workday Financials and Purchasing modules; work with Business Systems Analysts to provide support for complex application configuration, including design, configuration, and troubleshooting of complex workflows and business processes; develop and maintain advanced Workday reports and transformations of report data using XSLT and other methods; develop and maintain integrations with third party systems using a variety of technologies and techniques, including Workday Studio, EIB, Core Connectors, web services, XSLT, and file exchanges; work with Business Systems Analysts, users and other Academic Information Services staff to resolve application and technical problems and other business and operational issues; and perform related duties as assigned.
The Senior Enterprise Applications Developer is distinguished from Enterprise Applications Developer by the former functioning as lead developer performing a variety of significantly advanced, complex technical functions requiring broader, more complex design and development skills, while the latter position is responsible for a variety of technical journey-level functions involving the analysis, design, development, testing and implementation of enterprise business systems. The Senior Enterprise Applications Developer may also provide work direction and guidance to other developers with less experience or knowledge.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
1. Define scope, boundaries and deliverables for assigned applications development projects to meet user requirements; identify and analyze complex, ambiguous and/or conflicting development issues; provide feedback on and help translate business processes into logical objects and processes.
2. Develop technical specifications and application design criteria based on functional requirements and business needs; design and establish configuration requirements for applications entailing complex cross-platform interoperability; develop application prototypes; write program code using applicable programming languages; adhere to industry best practices and standards encompassing principles of software architecture and established programming conventions; design methods for establishing interfaces; specify hardware, network and/or software characteristics and requirements; participate in peer code review.
3. Participate on teams for software development projects involving major enhancements or upgrades of enterprise-scale systems; analyze system data, processes and system inter-actions to identify and evaluate the impact of maintenance and enhancement changes to on-going production; convert legacy systems to new technologies; utilize software to automate the development of database objects; develop increasingly complex queries, functions and procedures needed to support information and application requirements; plan and perform system enhancements and maintenance.
4. Provide application production and user support for assigned modules of the enterprise system; analyze and troubleshoot functional and technical problems including database, hardware, software and communication-related errors; research enterprise system and interface documentation; identify errors and work with Business Systems Analysts and other Academic Information Services staff, vendor representatives and users to make necessary changes to solve problems; serve as a technical resource to district users for assigned applications.
5. Implement PeopleSoft system patches and upgrades and test activities for regulatory updates and system-level upgrades; reconcile customizations to baseline code with code updates provided by product vendor.
6. Design, develop and maintain data-level integrations and ETL processes between PeopleSoft Enterprise and related enterprise applications, including real-time web service-based integrations; perform PeopleSoft security analyses of roles, permission lists, web libraries, queries and database security grants and privileges.
7. Provide project leadership for technology initiatives; work closely with customers and Business Systems Analysts to define project scope and boundaries; perform critical path analyses and set project priorities; develop project task lists and time estimates; perform cost-benefit analyses; establish project metrics; assign and manage the completion of project tasks to meet time, quality and cost expectations; coach, guide and train team members; use project management tools to monitor and report on progress; coordinate the work of outside consultants to ensure deliverables are being met and are consistent with internal standards of quality.
8. Develop custom queries and reports to meet user requirements; write program code to extend system functionality, incorporate new subsystems and make other application changes and updates; develop test environments and participate in conducting and analyzing the results of system testing processes to ensure performance against application requirements; develop user and applications documentation.
9. Provide on-call support for enterprise applications.
1. Stay abreast of industry trends and changes in information technology to keep knowledge and skills current.
2. Evaluate new technology solutions and make recommendations to management staff on procurement specifications and product fit.
3. Adapt purchased software as needed to ensure compatibility and proper interaction with existing systems and applications.
4. Participate in peer code review and in the development of software standards.
5. Attend various meetings, trade shows and conferences.
6. May provide training to lower-level or newly hired application developers.
7. Perform related duties as assigned.
1. Advanced concepts, principles, techniques and applications of computer systems, analysis, design, programming and documentation.
2. Systems design principles and application development methodologies, tools and utilities applicable to the district’s enterprise system.
3. Relational database concepts, database architectures, standard database software and general Oracle database structure and administration.
4. Advanced principles and techniques of program planning, job scheduling and related control requirements.
5. Principles and methods of systems analysis, including business process and entity relation-ship analysis tools and methods.
6. Programming theory and applicable programming languages.
7. The systems development life cycle.
8. Systems integration design concepts.
9. Functions, capabilities, characteristics and limitations of standard platforms, operating system software and devices.
10. Network architecture and design concepts.
11. District organization, operations, policies and objectives.
12. Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the work.
13. Written and oral communication skills including correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.
1. Provide project leadership for user department staff, Business Systems Analysts, vendors and Academic Information Services staff.
2. Analyze, design, program, install and maintain complex computer systems.
3. Balance responsibilities for multiple projects to ensure timely results in accordance with established standards.
4. Evaluate alternatives and make sound, independent decisions within established guidelines.
5. Troubleshoot and diagnose complex system problems and install fixes or make repairs in areas of responsibility.
6. Operate a variety of computer software applications and peripheral equipment.
7. Understand and apply the analysis of functional requirements to the development of systems proposals, specifications and recommendations for efficient, cost-effective technology solutions.
8. Read, interpret, explain and apply technical information on business processes, software and hardware to technical and non-technical users.
9. Prepare clear and concise computerized reports and accurate documentation.
10. Set priorities and organize work to complete project responsibilities efficiently and effectively.
11. Keep technical skills current to meet continuing applications development assignments.
12. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
13. Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
14. Operate a computer and standard business software.
15. Demonstrate sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic and disability issues.
16. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
Education & Experience:
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems or a related field, and at least five years of progressively responsible experience in systems analysis and applications design and development; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
1. Previous experience with Workday Financials and Purchasing modules.
2. Previous experience developing and maintaining advanced Workday reports and transformations of report data using XSLT and other methods.
3. Previous experience with Workday Studio, EIB, Core Connectors, web services, XSLT, and file exchanges.
4. Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with users and Business Systems Analysts.
Licenses & Other Requirements:
A valid California driver’s license and the ability to maintain insurability under the district’s vehicle insurance program.
The physical efforts described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Primarily sedentary with intermittent standing, walking, bending and stooping; occasional light lifting and carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds; ability to travel to a variety of locations on and off campus as needed to conduct district business.
Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships involving interactions and communications personally, by phone and in writing with a variety of individuals and/or groups from diverse backgrounds on a regular, ongoing basis; ability to work effectively under pressure on a variety of tasks concurrently while meeting established deadlines and changing priorities.
Primarily business office environment; subject to frequent interruptions by individuals in person or by telephone; intermittent exposure to individuals acting in a disagreeable fashion; may work at any district location or authorized facility with occasional evenings and/or weekends on an as-needed basis. Occasional local travel may be required.
Posting Number: S21/22016P
Human Resources Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org or 760.795.6854
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
First Screening Date: The submission deadline for the first screening of applications is Friday, October 1, 2021. Applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
About MiraCosta College
MiraCosta College is one of California’s 115 public community colleges. The district operates two campus sites and two centers, and offers a robust online education program. Situated between San Diego and Los Angeles, MiraCosta College benefits from multicultural influences and cultural opportunities. Both students and staff enjoy a friendly atmosphere and the feeling that we are all here to help one another. MiraCosta College is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. For more details, please visit our website at https://www.miracosta.edu/office-of-the-president/board-of-trustees/_docs/3400BP-Diversity-Equity-Inclusion.pdf
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.