Are you interested in analyzing complex missile flight test scenarios in the field of Hypersonics?
Do you enjoy solving challenging problems with a diverse team in a dynamic environment?
If so, we are seeking we are seeking a curious and motivated individual to help us perform flight vehicle trajectory analyses, perform instrumentation trade studies, and develop concepts for range and instrumentation systems needed to assess the performance of strategic missile, reentry systems, and hypersonic weapons. As a team member, you will also provide onsite support to test events.
As a Missile & Range Systems Test Engineer
- You will develop concepts of advanced range and mobile instrumentation systems to support emerging hypersonic vehicle test programs
- You will support development of link margin analysis tools
- You will participate in missile test and evaluation activities to include test operations and pre/post flight evaluations
- You will lead and contribute to analysis efforts, including link margin analysis and flight test planning
- You will collaborate with cross-discipline teams to advise government and contractor partners on engineering challenges and design trades
- You will produce reports and presentations to communicate results to team members and government partners
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you…
- Have a B.S. in Electrical/RF Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline.
- Have experience with ground or flight testing of aerospace or other complex systems, including pre- and/or post-test analysis
- Have experience with antenna, link margin, or other RF analysis
- Have experience with systems engineering of complex systems
- Have a strong computer background, including MATLAB programming and strong Python programming skills
- Are able to interact effectively with individuals of different experience levels and backgrounds, including industry, government, and military personnel
- Are willing and able to travel to attend meetings and tests at other government and contractor sites. Up to four to six trips per year.
- Will be comfortable working in closed area facilities.
- Have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Are able to obtain an Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain a Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you…
- Have a M.S. in Electrical/RF Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related discipline
- Have 5+ years of in a missile system engineering discipline such as antenna analysis and test, missile test and evaluation, or formal systems engineering concepts
- Have expereince with complex instrumentaion and data collection of aerospace systems
- In addition to traveling to attend meetings and tests at other government and contractor sites, ability to support field operations aboard surface ships. Typically one to two trips per year, up to two weeks in duration, including field site test support and at-sea deployments.
- Currently have a Top Secret Clearance
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation’s most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. While we are dedicated to solving complex challenges and pioneering new technologies, what makes us truly outstanding is our culture. We offer a vibrant, welcoming atmosphere where you can bring your authentic self to work, continue to grow, and build strong connections with inspiring teammates.
At APL, we celebrate our differences and encourage creativity and bold, new ideas. Our employees enjoy generous benefits, including a robust education assistance program, unparalleled retirement contributions, and a healthy work/life balance. APL’s campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at http://www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, occupation, marital or familial status, political opinion, personal appearance, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
APL is committed to promoting an innovative environment that embraces diversity, encourages creativity, and supports inclusion of new ideas. In doing so, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals of all abilities, including those with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation to participate in any part of the hiring process, please contact Accommodations@jhuapl.edu. Only by ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard are we empowered to be bold, do great things, and make the world a better place.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.