This position requires expert level knowledge of communication technologies manufactured by Mitel. Engineers at this level within the National Solutions Center Engineering Group are considered a senior practitioner, having the skills and knowledge to perform required duties independently, at the highest level of skill. Individuals in this role are required to perform advanced technical procedures including, but not limited to: implementation, customer support, technical support, maintenance, and administration of voice communications. Knowledge of industry standards, system deployment techniques, sequential problem solving, unified communications (UC), private branch exchange (PBX), voice over IP (VOIP), session initiation protocol (SIP), and local area networks (LAN) is required. Since class specifications are descriptive and not restrictive, analysts at this level can complete job duties of a similar nature, not specifically listed here, with minimal or no direct supervision.
– Navigate a variety of remote access servers and systems to implement, provide advanced system configuration, diagnosis, troubleshooting, MAC and repair of various systems throughout the Windstream UCaaS infrastructure.
– Perform troubleshooting of call centers, data networks, endpoints, peripheral devices, and additional customer premise equipment that relate to the voice network infrastructure.
– Provide expert level technical support to customers and onsite technicians through a central support desk.
– Ensure the timely restoration of UCaaS service failures is reached through best practices.
– Handle multiple tasks concurrently through prioritization and accurate problem assessment in a potentially stressful environment.
– Provide technical guidance and mentorship while managing multiple or conflicting demands, deadlines, emergencies, or time pressures.
– Function in a leadership role on projects, system upgrades, high severity issues, and break/fix service requests that require an expert level skill set.
– Solve advanced technical problems independently with minimal escalation to the manufacturer.
– Follow customer service and ticket handling guidelines to ensure required response time criterion are met.
– Monitor service request queues and work the requests within them to resolution.
– Work with appropriate internal and external groups to resolve reported troubles.
– Administer end user training as required.
– Interact with Clients, Technicians, Dispatchers, Customer Agents, Account Executives, Project Managers, Engineers, and Analysts.
– Maintain an accurate and timely history of projects and service events through status updates and task debrief in the company’s ticketing system.
– 8+ years of network operations center (NOC) and/or TAC experience working Mitel Systems.
– 6+ years networking experience with a strong foundation in LAN/WAN routing, switching, and TCP/IP, VoIP.
– Relevant voice certifications (Mitel).
– Experience with SIP, Frame Relay, PPP, and MPLS networks.
– Knowledge of, and the ability to support installation, maintenance, and repair of voice networking equipment such as PBX, servers, routers, switches, and security devices.
– Knowledge of VoIP equipment and the ability to support installation, maintenance, and repair.
– Knowledge of VLAN configuration and the ability to support.
– Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
– Ability to assume responsibility and ownership for work performed.
– Ability to provide technical support for co-workers, customers, and other vendors.
– Proficiency with MS Windows/Office and/or some version of Linux/Unix
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
– Rotational on-call.
– No supervision/management of others
– Occasional travel (less than 10%)
– General office environment.
– MIVOICE BUSINESS RELEASE 7.2 CORE I & M CERTIFICATION
– MIVOICE BUSINESS RELEASE 7.2 NETWORKING, CLUSTERING, AND RESILIENCY I & M CERTIFICATION
– MIVOICE BUSINESS ON MXE SERVER RELEASE 7.2 I & M CERTIFICATION
– MIVOICE BUSINESS ON ISS, STRATUS AND VIRTUAL MIVOICE BUSINESS RELEASE 7.2 I & M CERTIFICATION
– MIVOICE BUSINESS MULTI-INSTANCE I & M CERTIFICATION
– MIVOICE BUSINESS RELEASE 7.2 ACD
– MIVOICE BUSINESS RELEASE 7.2 HOSPITALITY
– MIVOICE BUSINESS RELEASE 7.2 DATABASE PROGRAMMING FOR THE SYSTEM IMPLEMENTATION SPECIALIST (SIS)
– MIVOICE BORDER GATEWAY RELEASE 9.1 CERTIFICATION
– MICONTACT CENTER RELEASE 7.X CERTIFICATION
– MITEL ORIA RELEASE 5.0 CERTIFICATION
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical/telephony experience with 5+ years directly related to the job; or 8+ years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
EEO Statement: Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
on Company Website
Job ID: ********
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Windstream, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading nationwide provider of advanced network communications. We offer a range of enterprise-class data, voice, network and cloud services to help keep your business in a perpetual state of winning. Our smart solutions and personalized service are designed to help businesses overcome obstacles and achieve their business goals. At Windstream, we take the time to understand your pain points, the challenges your business faces and the goals of your leadership team in order to provide valuable technical advice and customized whiteboard solutions that position your company for success. Contact Info
– 1814 West Tacoma Street
Broken Arrow, OK 74012
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.