Provide improvements and enhancements to technical infrastructure, systems, information security, emergency communications, and business continuity capabilities to broadcast/production audio visual equipment. Key responsibilities include maintaining and repairing offsite broadcast and studio equipment; conducting periodic site testing and verification; and providing support to voice and video systems.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and repair actions on select mobile communications system equipment to include satellite communications systems, UHF/VHF radio systems, PBX voice systems, diesel/gasoline vehicles, generators, and associated equipment.
- Manage the installation, configuration, testing, and deployment of mobile communications system equipment.
- Provide assistance and guidance developing options for mobile communications system equipment upgrades, including working with vendors to repair and replace existing equipment.
- Provide system administration and operational customer support for mobile communications system equipment.
- Identify and resolve operational risks as they pertain to mobile communications support services.
- Prepare and maintain system documentation.
- Provide logistics support activities.
- Skilled knowledge of mobile communications and video broadcast systems over satellite communications links.
- Skilled knowledge of digital voice PBX systems.
- Working knowledge of the processes and procedures required to provide communications capabilities via commercial/DoD satellites (e.g. SES, DSCS).
- Working knowledge of satellite communications technologies to include C/Ku band, high power
- amplifiers, antenna tracking systems, and modulation/demodulation techniques.
- Working knowledge of radio frequency (RF) systems (UHF, VHF, 800 MHz).
- Experience resolving complex communications systems problems using spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, Bit Error Rate Testers, fiber optic test equipment, and other common test equipment.
- Working knowledge of general electrical standards and diesel generator operation and minor maintenance.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Experience with the installation, operations, and maintenance of satellite communications equipment and devices.
- Understanding of offsite facility design/setup based on defined deployment operations scenarios.
- BA/BS and 5 years' experience; experience can substitute for a degree
- Must possess a Secret clearance and be eligible for Top Secret/SCI. Or willing to obtain clearance.
- Be available to travel within the continental United States (CONUS) and its territories.
- Must possess a valid drivers' license
- Possess or be capable of obtaining a minimum of a Class B Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Must be able to work full-time on site in Spokane, WA
Years of Experience
5 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
Salary and Benefit Information
The likely salary range for this position is $72,000 – $108,000. This is not, however, a guarantee of compensation or salary. Rather, salary will be set based on experience, geographic location and possibly contractual requirements and could fall outside of this range.
View information about benefits and our total rewards program.
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.