The Software Developer will be responsible for building applications using modern technologies and maintaining/migrating legacy code. This position will also be accountable for testing and deploying applications following industry best practices and procedures.
Academic and Trade Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Computer Engineering, or related technical degree from an accredited institution, and/or equivalent experience.
Two years of demonstrated work experience with a minimum of one year in full-stack development. Demonstrable experience using Visual Studio 2017+, TFS, Git, Azure, and MS SQL Server (or comparable RDBMS). Experience in the public utility industry or energy sector is preferred.
- Participates in all aspects of application development and support including coding, testing, refactoring and deployment
- Applies system enhancements and modifications to improve performance efficiency under the direction of technical leadership
- Writes, debugs, compiles, tests and installs program modifications and new programs or libraries
- Provides technical and user support for clients using information and application resources
- Participates in department and interdepartmental project teams and may work cross-functionally to improve processes within the organization
- Participate in requirements analysis
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards
- Ensure application adherence to security standards
- Actively engages and collaborates with broader technical teams to ensure timely and quality solution delivery
- Communicates development status, issues, and concerns to leadership
- Ability to understand existing architecture and implement new integrations based on that architecture
- Proficient technical knowledge of software development and the ability to understand client requirements as well as underlying infrastructure applications, systems and processes
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of computer programming, basic online programming and programming documentation
- Understands principles and practices of database management systems, standard IT operating procedures and should be able to read, interpret and produce technical documentation
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
Abilities and Skills:
- Experience with .NET and .NET Core, and a strong understanding of programming languages (C#, VB.Net, etc.)
- Experience with LINQ and Entity Framework or similar ORM
- Experience with a variety of systems architectures including, Client-Server, Web-based, Service Oriented, Publish-Subscribe, ETL is a plus
- Understands best practice and software development patterns such as Object-Oriented Development and SOLID
- Strong analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and excel at meeting deadlines
Company Profile: North Carolina’s Electric Cooperatives (http://ncemcs.com/about/ncemc.htm) is the brand for the family of organizations formed to support the state’s 26 local electric cooperatives, including: North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation, the power supplier to many of the electric cooperatives; North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives, the cooperatives’ trade association; and Tarheel Electric Membership Association, Inc. (TEMA), a central purchasing and materials-supply cooperative.
North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment.
To apply for this job please visit www.ncelectriccooperatives.com.