Join General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) and be a part of the team of men and women that solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The NCIS team is searching for a Senior Systems Administrator – SecOps to join their program in Quantico, VA.
The Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) is an organization of approximately 2,000 personnel of which 700 serve at HQ and the remaining staff serve at offices worldwide. NCIS is the DON component with primary responsibility for criminal investigation, law enforcement (LE), counter-terrorism (CT), counterintelligence (CI), and cyber matters. NCIS not only has primary responsibility for all criminal investigative, CI, CT, and cyber matters within the DON, but it also has exclusive investigative jurisdiction in non-combat matters involving actual, potential, or suspected criminal, terrorism, sabotage, espionage, and subversive activities.
This position is part of the IT Technology Operations division within the NCIS ITD organization and performs the following responsibilities/functions:
- Implement STIG releases across a variety of operating systems and applications
- Tracks and remediates IAVM vulnerabilities
- Manages ACAS vulnerability reports and remediates as required
- Performs software upgrades, patch installs, firmware upgrades
- Diagnosis and troubleshoot problems related to the OS, hardware, network, and related software
- Daily written and oral communications with coworkers and leadership
- Continual attention to periodic SCAP and STIG requirements needed to harden the servers
- Troubleshoot and configure servers in a virtual environment using Vsphere
- Create scripts in various shells to automate daily and periodic tasks
- Document work for leadership, update/create Standard Operating Procedures, and brief staff and customers various tasks
- BS degree: additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of experience with systems administration:
- DoD system accreditation process
- STIG checklist review process to include SCAP scans and implementation
- Microsoft SCCM package creation and deployment
- Group Policy Management administration to include policy creation and maintenance
- Familiarity with Windows 10 including deployment via SCCM / standalone options
- Improving system operations and functionality, monitoring, and optimization of servers and workstations
- Previous exposure with VMware virtual environments
- Top Secret</b>; must be SCI eligible
- ACAS Management
- LINUX Systems Administration Experience (SPLUNK)
- Forescout Experience
WHAT CAN GDIT OFFER YOU?
- Excellent customizable health benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- 401K with company match
- Educational Assistance and eLearning
- Flexible work week
- Internal mobility team dedicated to employee advancement
- Rewards and Recognition programs
- Innovative and collaborative environment encouraging of highly motivated critical thinking
Years of Experience
3 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
CompTIA – Security+ – CompTIA
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.