Job ID : ******
Location : Northbrook, IL US
Level : Experienced Professional
Job Category : InvestmentsDescription :
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments manages over $80 Billion of assets across portfolios for three major clients for Allstate to meet their investment objectives. Allstate Investments strives to provide sustainable, competitive, risk-adjusted investment returns and investment-related services for the benefit of the Allstate Corporation. The size of the investment group exceeds 350 individuals across a variety of investment disciplines including taxable and tax-exempt fixed income, equities, private and alternative securities and commercial mortgages as well as accounting, finance and technology. Investment performance for our portfolios has consistently provided excess returns for our customers and we attribute that success in large part to the quality of our people. We recognize that our employees are our ultimate advantage and we seek to attract and retain highly qualified individuals with strong academic backgrounds, a deep interest in investments, technology and a desire to be challenged.
The team is located in Northbrook Illinois but will be moving to downtown Chicago in October, 2018.
– Work with business professionals within Risk and Return to develop and continuously improve our application infrastructure. to support the reporting, monitoring, evaluation, and analysis of various risks across the investment portfolio.
– Maintain existing data platforms and create new business solutions from inception to fully developed products.
– Collaborate with others to automate processes and ensure appropriate ongoing access to data.
– Identify and implement process improvements.
– Resolve code problems and data-related issues on a timely basis.
– Maintain positive outlook in handling continuous change and bring a sense of urgency in driving positive change at Allstate (innovation, faster time to market, improved quality)
– Embrace an organization model that is self-directed / self-managed as a team and as individuals
Undergraduate degree in software engineering or computer science.
– 2+ Years of experience in relevant technologies.
– Database experience using Oracle or SQL Server (T-SQL, PL/SQL)
– Source Control Management (preferably Git/GitHub)
– Data (SQL or similar query language) and data constructs (XML, JSON)
– Experience developing/consuming Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON), ETL jobs and APIs (Service-oriented architectures)
– Collaborate and communicate well with others, strong written and verbal communication, comfortable with varying (and reactive) daily responsibilities
– Break down business problems into solvable components to recommend solutions
– Work in an Agile Scrum environment
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.