Job ID : ******
Location : Irving, TX US
Level : Experienced Professional
Job Category : Information TechnologyDescription :
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Additional responsibilities include:
– Participate in the engineering of new solutions and features.
– Provide proactive solutions to address potential issues.
– Proactively investigate and participate in discussions regarding new technologies and their impact.
– Build relationships with members of multiple Engineering, Development, Operations, and Architecture organizations.
– Develop, execute, and document procedures and standards following agile scrum methodology.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
– Troubleshoot technical issues, perform root cause analysis and take appropriate action to remediate issues
Required Skills for this position:
– Working knowledge of related technologies such as: Internet Information Server and Active Directory
– Experience with iterative development methodologies such as Agile, with the ability to transform documented use cases into prototypes and finished solutions
– Developing applications utilizing .NET framework 4.5.
– Good working knowledge of object oriented design.
– Able to write technical documentation.
– Must be self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
– Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines.
– Solid attention to details and highly organized.
– Relationship building skills.
– Ability to apply estimation techniques to software development efforts.
– Strong collaboration skills and desire to work within a team
– Experience with data base design, stored procedures, views, and user-defined functions.
Preferred Skills for this position:
– Background on mobile development.
– Experience in SharePoint development
– Familiarity with GitHub and Jenkins
– Experience with Azure and Office 365 development is a plus
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.