Brinks Home™ is a leader in the smart home and residential security industries. Our teams are committed to working together to provide a best-in-class experience for each other, and for the more than 1 million people we protect in the continental U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
We are currently seeking a determined and dynamic .Net Developer ll. This is a REMOTE Position.
As a .NET Developer ll, a typical day may include:
The Developer is an active member of the Application Development team. This person will be responsible for providing support in several areas:
- Technical & Architectural development of the application and system
- Solution Discovery
- Agile / DevSecOps Mindset and Practices
What you’ll do:
- Performs all tasks in the development life cycle including requirements analysis, design, development, and code review.
- Research the impact of new tools and frameworks on business processes, application health, and performance, and best practices through spikes
- Adhere to best practices in coding standards, tech debt resolution, and continuous integration, while becoming fluent on multiple systems and businesses processes
- Support and maintain existing applications including developing fixes as necessary and partake in regular knowledge transfer sessions with adjacent support teams.
- Provide perform peer reviews on various aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate and deliver in an Agile/Scrum environment by participating in Scrum ceremonies and encouraging process improvements iteratively
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field and discipline or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience building, and maintaining web applications
- 3+ years working with Agile Methodology
- Deep knowledge with one or more of the following: C#, ASP.NET MVC, Microsoft SQL Server, jQuery, JSON, HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap, .NET Core
- Strong CI/CD skills including experience with DevOps and cloud tools such as AZURE, GitHub Actions, Octopus
- Strong Knowledge in using and maintaining APIs (e.g. RESTful, GraphQL)
- Experience and a passion for full-stack development, utilizing modern UI frameworks (e.g. Vue.JS, Angular, ReactJS), coupled with .NET, and Entity Framework
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with web applications in a hybrid cloud ecosystem
- Experience in a Service Oriented Architecture with applications of different languages and users
- Ability to plan, implement, test, and troubleshoot complex technology, software, and system solutions
- Ability to review, critique, and perform analysis of systems and processes
- Experience with established peer review and quality assurance processes
- Ability to effectively work with people in other departments and/or outside of the enterprise that operates outside the confines of an agile workshop
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Experience configuring API management tools like Sentinet or Azure Web Services
- Experience configuring CI tools (GitHub Actions, CircleCI, Octopus, etc.)
- Familiarity with Angular/React/Vue or similar frontend frameworks
- Has experience in utilizing one or more of the following tools: Git, Nuxt.js, Azure Front Door, Webhooks, Terraform, or Atlantis
What we offer:
Medical, Dental, 401K, Voluntary Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, Short- and Long-term disability, Maternity and Paternity leave, Employee Referral Program.
What we stand for:
- Customer Focus
Brinks Home provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.