Our progressive client in the Loop of Chicago is seeking a Full time Software Engineer who is passionate about technology and software development. The Software Engineer position will challenge you and provide you opportunities for career and technical growth.
Software engineers can expect to work with cutting edge technology, deliver high quality solutions across various business units. You will collaborate with a team working on holistic web development projects that range in size and scope, as well as receive continuous career development opportunities. This candidate will report to the Manager of Web and Mobile Development.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT: Perform hands-on development and unit testing of web based software solutions primarily based on Microsoft technologies, including but not limited to Microsoft .NET and Microsoft SQL Server.
BUSINESS REQUIREMENTS CONSUMPTION : Ability to gain a deep understanding of written and verbal business requirements provided by other business analysts or customers.
QUALITY ASSURANCE: Actively participate in quality assurance, including hands-on system and user testing of the software developed, and developing automated unit tests.
IMPLEMENTATION AND SUPPORT : Software deployments and ongoing software support.
WE ARE HOPING TO FIND SOMEONE WHO IS FLUENT IN
o ******* MVC 4, C#
o HTML5 CSS JQuery
o ORM & SQL Server
o Object Oriented Design Patterns Such as Domain-Driven Design
o Unit Testing (NUnit, RhinoMocks)
o Agile Methodologies
o Source Control a plus
o Strong written and verbal communication skills and the desire to take on the entire project life cycle
* Minimum of 1 year of .NET experience in a web based software areas of an IT organization
* Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience
* Competence with testing tools and procedures for voice and data circuits
* Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
* Able to conduct research into software issues and products as required
* Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
* Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
* Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment
* Strong customer service orientation
* Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Must have some knowledge of Microsoft Office desktop applications software
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.