We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Network Engineer to provide technical support for the development, test, deployment, and sustainment of a complex system. As a Network Engineer on this program, you will be a member of a team that interacts with technical and non-technical teammates including customers and vendors. You will be looked at as a subject matter expert in all things related to the IP network- including the WAN and LAN in multiple environments (DEV/TEST and Production). In this role, you will provide technical assistance, administer configurations, support testing, recommend enhancements, and troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with the various network components.
- Work closely with DRSN engineers and site personnel for coordinating deployments and maintenance actions.
- Evaluate system network requirements and make appropriate technical recommendations.
- Establish remote management connectivity, updating the operating systems, coordinating and performing verification test (BER or "burn-in" tests) configuring alarm and system profiles, and configuring/testing various layers of the OSI model.
- Assist IA personnel regarding network security and SSP maintenance. Ensure that the network configuration meets all IA requirements.
- Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components both directly through the various GUI/CLI or interface systems, by directing and/or facilitating remote testing with on-site field engineering support.
- Monitor network performance.
- Support deployments as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of overall related experience or Master with 6+ years. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience in remotely configuring networking or transport devices.
- Ability to map IP addresses and subnets for networking devices or ability to establish in-band/out of band management connections on transport devices.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
- Knowledge of configuring, deploying and supporting HAIPE (KG-175D)- especially with GD GemOne.
- Must posses an active Top Secret with SCI eligibility clearance.
- Must posses current DoD 8750 certification at IAT level II, Security +ce.
- Proficiency with Juniper IOS or other IP/transport specific management tools (EMS) and general practices. Expertise in IP technologies, i.e. Networking architectures and methodologies and Voice Services.
- Expert Knowledge of IP principles.
- Proficiency in at least two or more of the following devices: SONUS SBC, Juniper MX5 routers, Juniper SRX firewalls, Juniper EX switches, SONUS SBCs, KG175.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following tools: SolarWinds or Junos Space.
- Basic Linux Administration or command line interface (CLI) and scripting skills.
- JNCIA or JNCIP.
- Proficiency with RADIUS, SNMP, and NTP protocols.
- General knowledge of TLS and PKI.
- Proficiency with Juniper networking devices.
Pay Range $81,900.00 – $126,000.00 – $170,100.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.