GovCIO is a team of transformers—people who are passionate about transforming government I.T. We believe in making a difference by developing digital strategies and delivering the technology-related innovation governmental operations that improve the citizen experience every day.
But we can't do it alone. We welcome and nurture an inclusive and diversified work culture. Because different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives make us better decision-makers, problem solvers, and creators. We're changing the face of I.T. – from our diverse staff to the end-products we develop. And we're excited to expand our team. Are you ready to be a transformer?
Establishes and maintains smooth operation of computer systems (to include operating systems, software and hardware) in networked or stand-alone configurations, maintains system integrity, and upgrades systems and/or servers as required. May create and document new methods supporting network/system operations and implement changes to procedures. Consults with support teams, help desks, customers and other technical staff in the resolution of problems, coordinates and performs operation and/or maintenance activities for networks/servers, identifies recurring problems and recommends steps to reduce the severity or frequency of problems. May plan for the transition of development and/or production environments to new technologies, utilize system software to monitor the performance of system files, manage system data to maintain performance efficiencies and/or study system requirements to determine proper server installation methods and procedures.
1. Maintain and administer computer networks and related computing environments, including computer hardware, systems software, applications software, and all configurations.
2. Plan, coordinate, and implement network/system security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware.
3. Provides regular monitoring and analysis regarding short and long-range planning for in-house systems.
4. Prepares or ensures that appropriate documentation exists, including operational instructions.
5. Writes or modifies basic scripts to resolve performance problems and automate administration tasks.
6. Recommend changes to improve systems and network configurations, and determine hardware or software requirements related to such changes.
Bachelor's with 2 – 5 years (or commensurate experience)
Required Skills and Experience
Preferred Skills and Experience
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.