We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Network Administrators interested in joining our team in the Washington, DC metro area and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
In this role you will deliver world class solutions to Unisys’ customer. You will leverage your network experience in planning/architecture/hardware/software to design, integrate, and operate complex network solutions in a large enterprise environment. You will provide comprehensive services to solve complex problems.
Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities
– Acquires, installs, and maintains local and wide area networks.
– Studies vendor products to determine those which best meet user needs and presents information to management for acquisition approval.
– Purchases and installs new products. Manages network performance and troubleshoots problems.
– Performs network capacity analysis and makes recommendations for efficient use of the network.
– Ensures that security procedures are implemented and enforced.
– Establishes and implements network policies, procedures and standards.
– Maintains distributed processing databases on the local area network.
– Trains users on local area network operation and use.
– Provides tier 3 support within the telecommunications environment.
– Leads technical support and architect for all telecom infrastructure solutions.
– Possesses strong product, technology and industry knowledge.
– Understands functionality and capability of a core set of telecom infrastructure tools.
– Partners with offering/solution architects to produce solution assessment, detailed conceptual and logical architectures that meet all business and technical requirements provided.
– Collaborates with network engineers to produce detailed physical architectures that will lead to timely and successful deployment of management and automation systems.
– Provides expertise and guidance on the configuration and deployment of telecom infrastructure tools.
– Recommends process/procedure improvements as discovered.
– Completes assigned activities within schedule.
U.S. CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Minimum ability to obtain public trust clearance, Secret or higher clearance a plus
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience
Relevant certifications are a plus
Experience in one or more major network vendors (Cisco, Dell, HP, Juniper, or others) About Unisys
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers.
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
on Company Website
Job ID: 2017-2825
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– Washington, DC
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.