Please take this opportunity to join one of GDIT's fastest long-standing growing programs! US Battlefield Information Collection and Exploitation System eXtended (US BICES-X) is a cutting-edge program supporting DoD intelligence information sharing on current and emerging global threats to mission and coalition partners and emerging nations. With an internationally dispersed team supporting each combatant command, the US BICES-X team is in direct support of the war fighter and their missions. We are seeking a creative and driven professional with a passion for solving real world issues on a cross-functional, fast paced team.
• Provides advice and training to end-users and less-experienced network personnel
• Identifies, analyzes, and resolves network incidents and problems.
• Provides network/equipment/specialized training and technical guidance.
• Determines network specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
• Knowledge of the associated hardware, software, and equipment associated with USBICES.
• Participates in special projects as assigned.
• Analyzes, administers, and maintains voice, video, and/or data communications networks.
• Manages the usage and performance of voice, video and/or data communications networks
• Maintains network to meet Enterprise Service Availability and Service Level Agreement requirements.
• Utilizes IT Service Management (ITSM) Principles to identify, categorize, prioritize, escalate, troubleshoot, and resolve incidents.
• Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures.
• Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
• Interfaces with vendors to ensure appropriate resolution during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
• Assists with development of third-party monitoring actions and procedures for network infrastructure.
• 2+ years of experience.
• Must possess and maintain a Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance.
• BA/BS degree – may substitute additional years of experience.
• Must possess a completed CCNA or JNCIA-JUNOS certification.
• Must meet DOD 8750 requirements and be eligible for IAT level II access upon hire for positions with elevated privileges and must obtain ITIL V4 Foundation within six months of hire. Additional specific certifications may be required, depending on job assignment.
• Knowledge and experience with routing and switching protocols (e.g. OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, Spanning Tree Protocol, ISAKMP, ESP, SIP, SCCP, etc.)
• Knowledge and experience with current Cisco IOS software and hardware features
• Knowledge and experience with HAIPE-based encryption devices
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment and multi-task while still ensuring high quality of work.
• Experience working directly with hardware vendors involved in the incident resolution process.
• Experience with various software systems and architectures, communications protocols: and network hardware devices.
• Experience with STIG patching, compliance and other security activities
• The work is typically performed at client site locations, which requires proper safety precautions; work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes or equipment.
• Completed CCNP Enterprise or JNCIS-ENT
• Knowledge and experience with VoIP/VTC collaboration systems
• Knowledge and experience with Multicast and GRE Routing
• Knowledge of Virtualization technologies as they apply to networking: VMware, Citrix, and Microsoft
• Knowledge and experience with data center networking
• Experience with firewalls and firewall rule sets
• Understanding of network virtualization
Years of Experience
2 + years of related experience
* may vary based on technical training, certification(s), or degree
U.S. Citizenship Required
About Our Work
We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.