Requisition ID 2018-42768
# of Openings 1
Job Function Information Technology
Security Clearance Level Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Full/Part Time Full Time
The Network Control Specialist (NCS) Level 1 Messaging POD Position is responsible for managing and maintenance of Secure Messaging Communications Computer Systems.
The NCS Messaging POD will be primarily responsible for the following:
* Analyzes; administers and maintains secure messaging and data communications networks
* Manages the usage and performance of messaging and or data communications networks
* Maintains network security and ensures compliance with security policies and procedures
* Evaluates hardware and software; including peripheral; output and related equipment consisting of large server farms; intricate communication systems; and other intelligence agencies systems
* Participates in the development and implementation of network-related procedures and standards.
* Participates in aspects of major network upgrades and detailed system acceptance testing.
* Interfaces with vendors and critical customers to ensure appropriate restoration of systems during network outages or periods of reduced performance.
* Develops; authors and implements testing strategies and documentation.
* Provides advice and training to end-users for message related issues and anomalies.
* Troubleshoots and resolves complex computer; hardware; software anomalies.
* Maintains current knowledge of relevant hardware and software applications as assigned.
* Researches and recommends technical solutions for system upgrades
* Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
2-5 years of directly related experience in network administration and support.
* Manages Site Comms Processor (SCP); Automated Message Handling Systems Secure Message and routing Terminal; XML Information BUS; Information Transfer System; and the SMC Helpdesk customer message queues.
* Manages error correction and troubleshooting for undelivered messages.
* Responsible for managing SOCOMM and the Autodin Customer Information Database (CID)
* Ensures customer information databases are up to date and synchronized. Oversees SOCOMM and AUTODIN Contingency Plans Update Master Lists; coordinate scheduled CCRP and COOP testing
* Coordinates with users and other organizations to establish cause and result for after action reports for message anomalies Performs AUTODIN; AMHS backups; daily partial backups and weekly full backups.
* Provides technical assistance to customers in support of complex secure message and data networks by managing message platform connections.
* This position requires 12-hour rotating shifts on a 24×7 in a Network Operations Center
Must possess appropriate current DOD Information Assurance (IA) certification to be considered for employment; i.e., CompTIA Security+CE, or CCNA-Security. CompTIA Security+CE is the preferred certification. In addition must attain the required DOD 8570 Computing Environment (CE) certification within six (6) months of hire date. Due to the sensitive nature of the work performed for this government customer, candidates must be willing to submit to and pass a polygraph
As part of your role/function on the program, you will be granted privileged user access. Privileged Users are subject to greater scrutiny as a direct result of the significant responsibilities placed upon them. Please be aware that because of these critical duties, you will be subject to additional IT system monitoring, and supervisory evaluation to ensure continuous adherence to Privileged User processes and procedures. Privileged Users are subject to a zero tolerance policy for security violations.
Because of the sensitive nature of the work being done for this government client, all candidates must hold a TS/SCI with Polygraph.
Benefits of this Position:
* Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
* Professional Development Assistance – Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
* Educational Reimbursement – toward degree programs and individual coursework
* 401K Match – with 100% vesting on day one
* Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
* We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
* Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
* Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
* Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
* Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
* Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
* Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
* Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors. With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer – Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.