Join our team and take your career to the next level. Windstream is a communications and technology solutions provider with operations in 48 states and the District of Columbia, generating about $6 billion in annual revenues. We provide IP-based voice and data services, MPLS networking, data center and managed hosting services and communication systems to businesses and government agencies. Windstream also delivers broadband, digital phone and high-definition TV services to residential customers primarily in rural areas and we operate a local and long-haul fiber optic network spanning 100,000 route miles.
A network Analyst 1 is responsible for providing Tier 2 Support for Windstream Emerging Customers. The Emerging customer base will be made up of Fortune 500 businesses, State and Government Agencies, Hospitals, Educational Institutions and key enterprise customers.
Typically, a Network Analyst 1 will have engineering level expertise in one of the following technologies: VOIP, IP, TDM, or Transport/Transmissions.
Services supported include Dedicated Internet, Ethernet, ATM, Frame Relay, Managed Router, VLS, MPLS, VPN, Dynamic IP, Fiber Access, Business LD, Business Voice, and other personalized services.
The individual will be expected to troubleshoot and resolve any network or customer facing issues in any of the above mentioned disciplines.
Work is performed in a 247 Network Operations Center environment. Candidates must be available to work any shift.
– Responsible for providing support to our Emerging customers. These Emerging customers will primarily be our most profitable customers that purchase IP-based services, but will also include independent Internet Service Providers and key enterprise customers (e.g.- state governments, large businesses, hospital/medical networks). Services supported include ATM, Frame Relay, Ethernet Internet Access, TLS, VPN, MPLS, Metro-E, BGP routing, TDM voice, Voice, and Transport from Windstream.
– Interface directly with the business customers, customer IT organizations, and Account Team Managers and Sales Engineers in Windstream coverage areas.
– Utilize an automated ticketing and order provisioning systems to record and track resolution of customer issues.
– Coordinating and scheduling customer turn-ups with the customer, local operations and sales account team.
– Work is performed in a 247 Network Operations Center environment. Candidates must be available to work any shift. Primary responsibilities include support for customers of the services listed above, including turn up and repair, as well as monitoring customer-specific connections to the Windstream Data Network. Network Analysts take customer calls via Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) queue and work with Engineering and Network Operations groups to accomplish customer migrations, network changes, upgrades, and repairs. Other duties/technologies as assigned
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
-Interface directly with Vendors, Network Engineering, NOC Personnel, Sales Engineering, Account Management and Customer’s Technical Support Staff in order to resolve complex and chronic issues impacting customer’s service.
-Utilize a ticketing and order provisioning systems to record and track resolution of customer issues. The candidate must be willing to provide detail information on each ticket with notes of steps taken, test results and resolution data.
-Performs proactive monitoring, configuration management and fault resolution of complex voice and data services.
-Collaborate with other internal and external groups on projects that help to improve the customer experience through more efficient and effective resolution of customer incidents.
-Work with Engineering and Network Operations groups to accomplish customer migrations, network changes, upgrades, and repairs.
-Take internal escalation calls via Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) queue
-Other duties may as assigned.
-Some On-call responsibilities required.
Certifications in any of the following are PREFERRED, but NOT required:
-Cisco: CCNA, CCNP/IP/DP
-Juniper: JNCIS, JNCIP
-Other: Lucent LGP, 5E, CBX Certifications/Tellabs and Alcatel DACS certifications
DESIRED WORK TRAITS & SKILLS
– Ability to work independently, computer skills, communication skills, etc.
– Must have Great Customer Service Skills to be considered
Periodic travel may be required, On-call duties required
Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 3-4 years technical/telephony experience with 3 years directly related to the job; or 6 years of directly related telephony or network operations experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and directly related experience required.
Job Category: Engineering
Locations: 301 N Main St Ste 5000 |US|South Carolina|Greenville |US|Alabama|Arab |US|North Carolina|Charlotte |US|New York|Rochester |US|Alabama|Anniston
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to: race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
on Company Website
Job ID: ********
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Windstream, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading nationwide provider of advanced network communications. We offer a range of enterprise-class data, voice, network and cloud services to help keep your business in a perpetual state of winning. Our smart solutions and personalized service are designed to help businesses overcome obstacles and achieve their business goals. At Windstream, we take the time to understand your pain points, the challenges your business faces and the goals of your leadership team in order to provide valuable technical advice and customized whiteboard solutions that position your company for success. Contact Info
– Charlotte, NC
View Company Profile
Don’t miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.