ECS is seeking a Network and Security Specialist to work in our Arlington, VA office.
The Network and Security Specialist will focus on the following platforms; Cisco ASA’s, Routers and Switches as well as F5 networking devices. They will support the operations of all the network infrastructure as well as engineering projects based on the TSA infrastructure. Specifically, this position will provide IT management and engineering consulting support for all areas of network and security related technologies such as Access Control Lists, Routing, Wide Area Networking, Local Area Networking and networking monitor tools.
– Responsibilities include technical oversight, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analyses for systems and projects impacting Network and Security on the TSA infrastructure.
– Technical oversight and quality assurance will be performed on other contractor deliverables per the applicable PWS or SOW of that given contract.
– Performing documentation requirements in the form of review and recommendation, technical input, or writing.
– Ability to work with Government managers to identify, monitor, follow up and resolve action items, issues, and risks.
– Support efforts to generate and analyze data for senior management and executive level reports.
– provide security oversight for IT contract, which could include interviews & examinations, security test and evaluation, review vulnerability scan results, and review device configuration.
– perform oversight in accordance with Federal regulations & standards (NIST SP 800-53A, FISMA, FIPS 140-2 etc.) and TSA agency & departmental policy and guidance.
– Prepare Security Assessment Report (SAR) Findings for specific TOA (Target of Analysis) and document in the online point reporting dashboard
– Masters or 15 years experience
– Ten (10) years of experience with Networking products with specific experience with Cisco Routers and Switches.
– Five (5) years’ experience with Security products such as Cisco ASA and F5 devices.
– Knowledge of and experience applying best practices for customer solution delivery in technical papers.
– Excellent technical management skills such as project planning, scheduling and resource management skills.
– Possess superior communication skills (both verbal and written) inclusive of strong presentation skills.
– Skilled in detailed requirements gathering, interpretation and analysis.
– Demonstrated multi-tasking ability, analytical skills, problem solving skills and a consistent record of on time delivery and customer service is mandatory.
– Ability to conduct security assessments and analysis on networks, servers, websites, databases, and security devices in the infrastructure.
– Ability to identify organizational security weaknesses in network security controls, physical security controls, operational security and with the integrity of software applications and data
– Review firewall configuration and RFC firewall changes to ensure compliance with TSA/DHS security policies.
– In-depth knowledge of Federal laws, directives, orders, etc., pertaining to IT security and directing Federal government agencies
– Experience evaluating the implementation of security controls through IA process, documentation reviews, and scanning (tools).
– Perform analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures.
– Skilled in implementing and configuring networks and network components
– Audits computer systems to ensure they are secure from both internal and external attacks.
– CCNP Route/Switch or Security certification
– Experience with routers and switches and firewalls (Cisco)
– Familiarity with the following technologies and guidelines:
– Windows 2008/2012, Dell 810/820, Dell OMSA, DRAC, BIOS, NetApp, Brocade, Web Application Testing, Cisco 95xx and 6509-E, Cisco C7010/C5596 Nexus Switches, Cisco 55xx ASA Firewalls, DHS Compliance Checks, FIPS 140-2, Hyper-V, IBM ISS GX6116 NIDS/HIDS, and F5 Load Balancers and McAfee Web Gateway
– Proficiency with ArcSight SIEM, Solarwinds NMS, Intrusion Detection System (IDS), and other toolsets to identify and triage anomalies when necessary.
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
Job ID: 3913
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
ECS Federal, LLC
ECS delivers engineering, scientific, and technical expertise and mission critical solutions to Department of Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. As an externally assessed CMMI Level 3 company, as well as an ISO 9001:2008, ISO/IEC 20000 and ISO/IEC 27000:2013 certified company, ECS’ award-winning expertise and commitment to quality services are critical in meeting the missions of our customers. Headquartered in Fairfax, Virginia, ECS has nearly 2,000 employees throughout the United States and has been recognized as a Top Workplace by the Washington Post. For more information, visit our web site at *******************. Contact Info
– Arlington, VA
– Josh Biacan
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.