Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are looking for a Network Architect to work collaboratively with colleagues and our customer in an exciting and critical LAN/WAN environment delivering technical service in a dynamic ITIL environment.
As a Network Architect in Leidos, you will be immersed in one of our key programmes – transformation of the UK’s biometrics platform to cloud. On behalf of our central government customer, you will have direct impact on the current and future iterations of one of our most important pieces of critical national infrastructure.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
What Does Leidos Need from Me?
- Good understanding of Cisco/Juniper Enterprise LAN environments, 2nd line support level including, deployment, administration, and troubleshooting. Ideally to a CCNP/JNCIP level.
- Focusing on Secure LAN environments including security boundaries and rulesets
- Must have a good understanding of WAN connectivity and routing protocols also with experience and understanding of the implementation, configuration, and management of virtual and physical networking solutions
- Hand on experience in troubleshooting Layer 2/3 switching and routing issues
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting STP, BGP, OSPF and other key mainstream protocols
- Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Fortigate, Palo Alto, and ASAv firewalls
- Working knowledge of VMWare
- Platform focus: ISR, 9200, 9300, 6800, 3750, 3850 series, JUNOS
- Knowledge and experience of AWS Cloud hosting integration principles and infrastructure
- Excellent communications skills, organisational skills, and independent and autonomous working
- Have the drive and passion in IT to learn, tackle new challenges and grow your knowledge in this sector
- Tackle complex problems and incidents with the help of senior engineers
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts
- Experience of working under pressure to meet deadlines while handling multiple priorities
· Hands on experience in configuring and troubleshooting Next Gen Firewalls
· Hands on experience in Juniper routing and switching
· Active CCIE certification
Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC
What we do for you:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
· Contributory Pension Scheme
· Private Medical Insurance
· 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
· Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
· Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Who We Are:
Leidos UK & EUROPE – we work to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science.
Leidos is a growing company delivering innovative technology and solutions focused on safeguarding critical capabilities and transformation in frontline services, our work in the United Kingdom includes addressing some of the most complex problems in defence, healthcare, government, safety and security, and transportation.
What Makes Us Different:
Purpose: you can use your passion and abilities at Leidos to keep the people you care about safe. We are at the forefront of machine learning, AI, cyber security and solutions. Using your skills in the technology frontline by helping to build a safer world. You can inspire change.
Collaboration: having flexibility to do your job is one of our core benefits, enabling you to become part of our extraordinary team. We have been empowering our people to work flexibly for years. Whether you work from home, the office or on customer sites, we will give you the digital tools and the flexibility to work smarter and align your needs and ours.
People: Leidos empowers people from every background to be themselves and gives you the tools to learn new skills by enabling growth whilst developing. We believe that extraordinary people need opportunities to grow, to be inspired and to inspire others. At Leidos, we invest in technical academies, career rotations and a career development plan that enhance your future.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.