We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer oriented Network Engineer to join our team in Washington, DC, Beltsville, MD or Kansas City, MO to begin an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Position Summary/ Responsibilities: Provides highly technical and specialized guidance and solutions to complex information technology problems. Performs elaborate analyses and studies. Prepares reports and gives presentations. Works on project teams to perform upgrades to the Enterprise Network Operations Branch Infrastructure and as a member and lead of the Network Operations Tier III team.
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equilavent in Business, Information Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related field. Top Level technical expert supporting unlimited end user groups. Minimum 8 years relevant experience. Progressive experience in the field of information technology, including five years of specialized experience in numerous, highly specialized IT disciplines involving a wide range of Enterprise Network Engineering skills. Demonstrates very good oral and written communications skills. Scripting experience for managing and configuring network appliances on a mass scale. Applicable languages: BASH/Python/PERL/REST API. Proven leadership skills are a plus.
US Citizenship REQUIRED
Overview of General capabilities and experience levels required:
– Experienced in providing Enterprise network and Unified Communications operational support in a multi-vendor Enterprise environment
– Experienced in providing Enterprise Network and Unified Communications capacity planning and monitoring on multi-vendor platforms
– Experience in providing Enterprise remote access VPN support to include but not limited to Juniper JUNOS Secure Access platform, Juniper Pulse, and Cisco AnyConnect.
– Experience in providing operational Enterprise IP Telephony and Unified Communications support.
– Experience in providing operational Enterprise Collaboration Services support to include, but not limited to: multi-vendor and multi-platform Video Teleconferencing.
– Experience in providing new technology deployment and project management services.
– Experience maintaining, configuring and providing support services of multi-vendor network hardware components.
– Experienced in Network Access Control (NAC) deployments and administration
– Experience with BMC Remedy, ITIL best practices and change management processes
– Experienced in WAN optimization strategies and configuration management – RiverBed WAN Optimizers.
– Experience in preparing technical documentation deployment, installation, configuration, operational support and troubleshooting of Enterprise installations of WAN/LAN & Data Center network infrastructure, specifically Cisco, Juniper routers, switches, and firewalls, F5 Big IP load balancers
– Experience in review, analysis, troubleshooting and coordination with project managers, integrators, customers and administrators of the above technologies.
– Extensive experience in capacity management, performance tuning, operating system optimization, and associated skills with the above technologies.
– Extensive experience in vendor coordination and support for above technologies including collaboration and team analysis.
– Experience in performing network analysis and monitoring through use of provided tools to include, but not limited to: Solarwinds, Cascade, Riverbed CMC/SMC and Cisco ISE.
– Experience leading and working in a team environment.
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
Your skills and experience could be mission critical for our Unisys team supporting the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers. As a member of our diverse team, you’ll gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world’s largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at **************.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) – Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.
Apply on Company Website
Job ID: 2018-4392
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Unisys is a worldwide information technology company. We provide a portfolio of IT services, software, and technology that solves critical problems for clients. We specialize in helping clients secure their operations, increase the efficiency and utilization of their data centers, enhance support to their end users and constituents, and modernize their enterprise applications. Contact Info
– 4000 Wisconsin Ave.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.