Job ID : ******
Location : Charlotte, NC US
Level : Experienced Professional
Job Category : Information TechnologyDescription :
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field can’t be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. You’ll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers’ lives. We’ll help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And you’ll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Network Engineer (SNE) is responsible for researching, designing, documenting, building, testing, deploying, analyzing, administering, and maintaining the enterprise network environment, including hardware and software components, to meet current and future business needs. This includes monitoring and controlling the performance and status of enterprise network environment technology components, and providing network technology component support and problem resolution. You will need advanced knowledge with utilizing proven systems, scripting, and developer skills to execute on highly complex tasks related to hardware and software technology component analysis, integration, and incident and problem resolution. The role also creates, reviews, and ensures updates are made to the configuration management plan.
– Assists with the following activities (concerning new or existing network hardware and software technology components or enhancements to existing components): research, analysis, selection, planning, document, implement, and train.
– Collaborates with other Engineers, IT Architects, vendors, and business clients to ensure that modified network hardware and software technology components interact appropriately, data conversion impacts are considered, production environments are developed and maintained and other areas of impact are addressed and meet business functional and performance requirements.
– Assists with the execute of highly complex network system changes in support of customer requests.
– Assists in the efforts to ensure plans integrate effectively with other aspects of the technical hardware and software technology components including representing security standards.
– Helps resolve highly complex or critical incidents, logging and communicating issues and resolutions. .
– Education: College degree or equivalent work experience
– Related experience: 2-3 years of experience with enterprise network systems
– Experience with Lan switching – Cisco Nexus and Catalyst platforms, particularly Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k, 2k and Cat4500, 3650, 3560X
– Ability to work with project managers to create project plans, tasks, estimations, schedules, and workflows.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click ‘here’ for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.