Leidos Intelligence Group is seeking a Network Engineer to support an enterprise IT program. This work is being done to replace a client’s current solution, which is at its end of life, with a new solution using new and innovative technology. This exciting work is being done in fast paced environment and in need of a candidate who is willing to jump in and help day one.
The client designs, develops, tests, integrates and deploys solutions for mission critical requirements. The current solution is at the end of life stage, therefore new solutions need to be developed and incorporated utilizing new and innovative technologies to successfully meet user requirements. The client’s goal is to design and deliver an enterprise-level system with a modular, segmented architecture that can support both large scale and small scale solutions in order to meet requirements across a broad range of applicable use cases. In order to support the technical requirements, the client requires Information Technology (IT) activities to achieve the goal of designing, developing, testing, integrating and deploying the solutions.
The Network Engineer will design a multi-tenant network architecture with network segmentation which adhere to the client’s IT security standards, design networks that enable internet access with managed Point of Presence (PoP), and design modular and highly configurable networks to take advantage of novel technological solutions. They will build, configure, and maintain network solutions with both a defensive and offensive cyber security mindset; incorporate cloud base technology such as AWS, Microsoft, IBM, Oracle and Google to distribute points of presence using distributed systems principles; and develop and implement strategies of systems, sub systems, and associated network components with a vision for meeting today’s requirements while maintaining future proofing through modular design. They should be able to design backup procedures, troubleshoot problems, provide resolution, and ensure that system development follows guidelines and industry best practices, prepare and deliver program and user level documentation, communicate and share expertise within and across the client’s organizational boundaries, and work both independently and in small groups.
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in advanced network architecture and design concepts that translate directly to ability to modify network architectures to meet client’s network requirements.
- Demonstrated experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-sized network architecture.
- Demonstrated experience with networking concepts and protocols: LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, UDP, GRE, IPSec, VPN, WireGuard, Routing, and Software and Hardware Firewalls.
- Demonstrated experience with scripting languages such as Python or Perl to automate networking tasks.
- Demonstrated experience communicating the design and implementation of networks including relevant strengths and weaknesses and reasons for implementation decisions.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux operating systems such as Ubuntu and Debian.
- Demonstrated experience solving technical problems.
Pay Range $105,300.00 – $162,000.00 – $218,700.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.