The Enterprise and Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation within Leidos’ Defense Group has an opening for an experienced Network Engineer to provide technical support for the survey, development, procurement, installation, test, deployment, and sustainment of a complex system for the GIG Service Management – Operations II (GSM-O II) contract at Fort Meade, MD.
This contract includes the Operations, Sustainment, Maintenance, Repair, and Defense of the Defense Information System Network (DISN) within the DOD Information Network (DODIN) in support of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA).
As a Network Engineer on this program, you will be a member of a team that interacts with technical and non-technical teammates including customers and vendors. You will be looked at as a subject matter expert in all things related to the MDA network- including the Transport, IP and DC power infrastructure in multiple environments. In this role, you will survey, design, procure, install, provide technical assistance, administer configurations, support testing, recommend enhancements, and troubleshoot and resolve issues associated with the various network components.
This is a telework friendly position, however one must live within driving distance Scott AFB, or Fort Meade as they will need to be in the office as needed.
- Candidate is familiar performing within a fixed price, performance-based environment where performance is based on pre-determined Service Level Agreement’s (SLA’s) or Acceptable Quality Levels (AQL’s).
- Engineer and develops method of procedures (MOP) and creates MBOM (Manufacturing Bill of Materials) for power, site installation and maintenance.
- Ensure that all implementation activities use consistent and proven processes, that these processes be modified and improved as necessary, and are used across all types of implementations.
- Execute the actions identified in the TSIP to accomplish the tasks required to bring the installed equipment into operational readiness.
- Performs detailed and technically in-depth site survey functions at user locations as required to assess/analyze site preparedness, develop implementation plans, power requirements and associated cost estimates.
- Accomplish the tasks required to deactivate and uninstall DISN equipment and hardware.
- Coordinates with users, site/base support and or facilities personnel, network manager(s) and controllers, long haul and local carriers for installation, cutover, activation, deactivation planning and execution.
- Perform installation test and acceptance (IT&A) of network components and/or facilitating remote testing with off-site Operations Engineering support.
- Performs oversight of installation/de-installation/upgrade/interface actions associated with network components at user locations.
- Develop site recommendations to accommodate future various mediums (cable, power, equipment, etc.) expansion.
- Facilitates and finalizes all aspects of site acceptance.
- Supports senior staff as required and ensures customer requirements and project milestones are met.
- Serve as liaison between stakeholders and program leadership, assist with briefing stakeholders regularly on project purpose and progress and alerting program leadership to developing issues and opportunities throughout the area of responsibility.
- Conduct and oversee site survey, installation, testing and de-install activities, ensuring they are properly coordinated with customers, statuses, and completed in a timely manner, including travel approval and quality of deliverables.
- Prepare working engineering project packages and TSIPs for installation teams with installation instructions, power requirements, industry specifications and references, CADD drawings, and BOMs.
- Assist with creation of detailed project plans and schedules, allocated resources, product delivery schedules, project estimates, work-breakdown structure (WBS), resource plans, and status reports to fully support enterprise-level requirements.
- Perform updates to master redline drawings, incorporating sub-contractors field redline drawings and ensuring changes are reflected on master documents.
- Work with partners to coordinate and perform project objectives to include site surveys, installations, testing, site deinstallations and provide customer-ready deliverable reports upon completion.
- Provide technical support to customers and other service professionals as required.
- Participate in program and project activities, attend meetings, champion special projects and prepare exclusive reports.
- Maintains clear and concise business communication proficiency, both oral and written.
- Must submit expenses, timecards and other administrative tasks within the specified timelines.
- Travel, overtime and work hours other than Monday-Friday may be required.
- Comply with all applicable U.S. export control and security regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of overall related experience or Master with 6+ years. Specific experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.
- Experience briefing Government customers and stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate has prior Field Service Engineering experience.
- Candidates must be able to work in both team and independent environments and to organize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to interpret network topology diagrams and proposed device configuration changes.
- Very strong organizational skills
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work in a team focused, fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- DoD Directive 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (such as CompTIA Security+ CE) certification.
- ITIL v3 Foundation Certification
Pay Range $84,500.00 – $130,000.00 – $175,500.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.