We are looking for a qualified network engineer to support the Network Edge Operations team. You will work with a team of network engineers / administrators dedicated to serving this nations Veterans. The Network Edge Operations team is staffed 24/7/365 to maintain and analyze large, diversified networks comprised of enterprise grade networking equipment from a diverse set of vendors. Daily functions will include checking the status of various aspects of the VA’s network utilizing dedicated monitoring tools and processes as well as assisting with customer reported connectivity issues.
Company/Position Overview (Please include a day in the life description of what the candidate will be doing day to day and how their role is a part of the overall project):
- Maintains operational and security capabilities of the VA’s network gateways
- Supports the VA NOC by providing Tier II network engineering support
- Respond to Help Desk escalations via phone call, email, or the VA’s ticketing system.
- Maintain existing NOC processes and procedures as well as recommend improvements to the chain of command.
- Maintain evolving corporate knowledge including information in diagrams, databases, technical documentation, etc.
- Participate in technical reviews and recommend solutions and/or improvements where possible.
- Performs routine maintenance on network devices and services.
- Works closely with network architecture and engineering transition teams on projects destined for operational implementation.
Mandatory Qualifications (Please list all Education, Certifications, Experience, and Skills that are required to get an interview. These mandatory qualifications should be non-negotiable based on your contract requirements)
- Education / Experience: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field with 0-2 years of experience. 5 years of additional experience maybe substituted for degree.
- Background Investigation: Must be able to pass and maintain a Tier 4 (BI) Government Background Investigation
- Technical: Demonstrated familiarity/experience configuring enterprise grade networking equipment via command line interface or GUI
Desired Qualifications (Please list all Education, Certifications, Experience, and Skills that are desired. These should not be disqualifiers, but rather nice to haves):
- CCNA (route/switch) or CCNP a plus
- CCNA Security or CCNP Security a plus
- Knowledge of multi-area OSPF, BGP and MPLS environments
- Experience with Citrix Access Gateway and NetScaler's
- Experience with Cisco Any Connect VPN, Cisco Identity Service Engine (ISE)
- Experience setting up Site-to-Site IPSec VPNs utilizing Cisco Firewalls and/or Cisco Routers
- Experience using network management tools such as Solarwinds, NGenius, RightIT NOW
- Familiarity of application-level protocols such as HTTP/HTTPs, SSL/TLS, DNSSec and SNMP.
- Experience with utilizing ticketing systems for tracking and reporting work.
- Experience running network level packet capture and analysis to assist with troubleshooting efforts.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.