Clean Harbors is seeking a Network Engineer to support its distributed network infrastructure and datacenter operations.
***THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN OFFICE IN NORWELL, MA**
The Network Engineer will be responsible for design, configure, administer and troubleshoot operations for a complex network environment across North America consisting of roughly 500 locations including corporate headquarters and datacenters.
In this role, the network engineer it is required to rely on one's experience and judgment to to plan and execute work necessary to accomplish the goals of the business.
The Network Engineer serves as the top technical expert and default lead to the network engineering team. Performs operational duties related to the Network infrastructure with a primary focus on the core datacenter & connectivity to branch locations, but also interacting with Wireless, Security, and voice and video components within Clean Harbors. The Network Engineer is an expert in wired and/or wireless networks and VOIP technologies and provides mentorship and expertise to other team members. S/he operates and configures the core network equipment; routers, switches, security appliances, management and monitoring tools.
Why work for Clean Harbors?
- Health and Safety is our #1 priority and we live it 3-6-5!
- Competitive Wages
- Comprehensive health benefits coverage after 30 days of full-time employment
- Group 401k with company matching component
- Opportunities for growth and development for all the stages of your career
- Generous paid time off, company paid training and tuition reimbursement
- Positive and safe work environments
- Lead team members to troubleshoot and proactively resolve network outages, performance issues, anomalies, and conduct root cause analysis;
- Evaluate, design, deploy, and maintain primary networking infrastructure;
- Monitor existing systems for potential problems and areas for improvement;
- Install, configure and troubleshoot all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, access control servers, NAC, wireless ect;
- Ensure proper diagramming, documentation, processes and standards for the enterprise network are followed and maintained;
- Recommend products and technologies to be added to the environment in order maintain a secure, stable and reliable network solution;
- Produce and maintain accurate and clear documentation;
- Work with users and field personnel in remote locations to install and maintain firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points and VoIP telephony components;
- Effectively communicate with non-technical personnel who frequently are required to act as "remote hands" to assist with troubleshooting;
- Participate in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity planning and testing;
- Effectively communicate step by step instructions with non-technical personnel acting as remote hands.
What does it take to work for Clean Harbors?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to present clearly in a group setting;
- 5 years of related experience working with large scale, complex networks;
- Advanced knowledge of network equipment including but not limited to
- Cisco Nexus data center switching platform
- Cisco ISR routers and Catalyst switches
- Wireless Networking products including Cisco and Meraki
- Palo Alto firewalls and Panorama management software
- Dynamic Routing Protocols including OSPF and BGP
- IPsec VPN
- Network Access Control using Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Working knowledge of Cisco VoIP
- Industry Certifications from Cisco and or Palo Alto are preferred.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. At Clean Harbors, our mission is to create a safer, cleaner environment through the treatment, recycling, and disposal of hazardous materials.
Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/.
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483).
Clean Harbors is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ancestry, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or on the basis of any other federal, state/provincial or local protected class.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.