Search Jobs – Empowering People: CIT Group, Inc – Network Engineer
Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Log back in!
Location US-NJ-Livingston | US-CA-Pasadena
Job ID 30265
# Positions 1
Job Family Information Technology – IT Engineering
Founded in 1908, CIT (NYSE: CIT) is a financial holding company with approximately $50 billion in assets as of Dec. 31, 2017. Its principal bank subsidiary, CIT Bank, N.A., (Member FDIC, Equal Housing Lender) has approximately $30 billion of deposits and more than $40 billion of assets. CIT provides financing, leasing, and advisory services principally to middle-market companies and small businesses across a wide variety of industries. It also offers products and services to consumers through its Internet bank franchise and a network of retail branches in Southern California, operating as OneWest Bank, a division of CIT Bank, N.A. For more information, visit *******.
This is a senior engineer position in the global networking team, working mainly on projects in various network technology areas. Projects can range from solution engineering of new technologies, to developing standards based on industry trends and best practice, to optimization of current infrastructure configuration for operational efficiency. Both lead and participate in group projects with global as well as regional team members through the design, implementation and support phases. Act as senior escalation point of operational issues, and be able to cross functional lines in troubleshooting complex problems.
Experience and Required Skillset
– Extensive knowledge and experience of Core Routing and Switching, design, configuration, troubleshooting and usage of recommended best practices
– Understanding of routing protocols BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, HSRP/VRRP and WAN connectivity DMVPN, MPLS.
– Understanding of Spanning-tree, VTP, Port Channels, VPC, RSPAN Monitoring, Multicast
– Working experience with emerging network technologies is a plus, for example SDN, SDWAN and Converged infrastructure technologies
– Experience building and implementing Infrastructure Automation strategy
– Experience in scripting (Python, Puppet/Chef, Ansible..etc.)
– Understanding of Network Security, including the design, configuration, and tuning security appliances
– Understanding and configuration experience of Cisco Wireless Controllers
– Network troubleshooting skills, utilizing Wireshark, Netflow, Solarwinds and other tools
– Basic understanding of converged infrastructure technologies
– Manage external partner connections over dedicated circuits or VPN
– Knowledge of QOS configuration on IOS switches, Cisco voice gateways, LLQ on WAN routers
– Maintain CA Spectrum network management system for real-time and proactive monitoring of all network resources
– Manage Global Server Load Balancing using Citrix NetScaler appliances, web content load balancing, site failover, certificate management
– Knowledge of VMware ESXi/NXS virtualization technology
– Contribute to long term network design strategy and roadmap, core network architecture, establishment of engineering standards and best practice guides
Highly technical hands-on engineer with ability to troubleshoot all diverse hardware platforms and technical relationships
– Team and detail oriented, open and collaborative work ethic with a well-developed sense of ownership and responsibility, flexible, adaptable and easy to work with.
– Technical maturity to create and modify processes to maintain a controlled environment
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, analytical thinking and problem solving skills
– Effective and responsive interaction with both internal and external customers
– Ability to understand complex networking and business concepts and translate them into clear, concise and complete solutions
for this job online
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
on your newsfeed
CIT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of CIT to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here:
Pay Transparency Notice
EEO Law Poster
EEO Supplemental Poster
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.