Purpose of JobWe are seeking a talented Network Engineer Level I for our San Antonio, TX (Vista Corporate Center) facility.
Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, its products, and processes to plan, design, develop, implement, integrate and validate network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications by leveraging a complex infrastructure to meet business requirements in a cost-effective manner. Introduces, integrates and validates changes to network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications in adherence with standardized operational processes. Resolves issues of and navigates obstacles to deliver a work product. Identifies and executes audit controls and tests for network(s), infrastructure, and/or applications to ensure compliance with established standards and policies. Serves as a resource to less experienced team members on escalated issues of a routine nature.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level. In each of the past five years, we’ve been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, and we’ve ranked among Victory Media’s Top 10 Military Friendly Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
ABOUT USAA IT
Our most important qualification isn’t technical, it’s human. Here, we don’t just sit in front of a screen. We stand behind our 11 million members who rely on us every day.
We are over 3,000 employees strong, a passionately supportive and collaborative team built on agile principles. We’ve been a top-two Computerworld 100 Best Places to Work in IT five years in a row and were recently named a Top 50 Employer for Minority Engineers & IT by Workforce Diversity Magazine.
See what it’s like to work for a company where your passion meets our purpose:
USAA Information Technology: A Realistic Preview
– Proactively performs the full range of maintenance on network(s), infrastructure, and applications; adheres to USAA rigor and established guidelines.
– Performs system monitoring, daily checks, corrective action, system refreshes, hardware replacements, software upgrades, and application modifications.
– Performs troubleshooting at a complex level, identifying root cause, return to service, mitigation plans, and creates/documents procedures.
– Evaluates, analyzes, installs, tests, configures, and administers network(s), infrastructure, and applications as well as providing a full range of testing, administration, and quality checks.
– A Bachelor’s degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
– 4 or more years of experience in a technical capacity supporting a network or infrastructure or application configuration, to include installing, maintaining, and configuring network, infrastructure and applications specific to Cisco, AT & T, and Avaya.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
– Experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, ISR, and ASR Hardware Platforms
– L3 Protocols; OSPF and BGP (configuration and troubleshooting)
– Experience with QOS, Spanning Tree, Port-channels and 802.1x (configuration and troubleshooting)
– Worked in Network Operations Center or similar environment
– Troubleshooting complex networks and diagnose Packet Captures
– Effectively communicate with peers, management, and executive management
– Ability to write scripts for repeatable work items
USAA’s most valuable resource is our 28,000 employees. We promote a culture of diversity and inclusion, encouraging varied perspectives and ideas.
Our team enjoys world-class benefits, pay and highly competitive reward opportunities, including comprehensive healthcare, wellness and wealth building programs, employee resource groups, 401K matching dollar-for-dollar up to 8% of pay, career planning and continuing education. We promote a strong work-life balance with a variety of on-site services and conveniences depending on location, including a daycare, health center and pharmacy, multiple dining options, company stores, covered parking and free fitness centers. USAA is a casual dress environment.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have managers approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates
to apply to the opening is 11/22/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.
To apply for this job please visit itjobpro.com.